Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:11 PM

Default 60 Days till I'm off Probation

I'm getting really excited.
I have just 60 days left of probation.
I can't wait to drink and smoke again and get back to my usual activities.
Mostly I just want to put all of this behind me.
I'm using a law firm that I paid $1000 for early termination of probation.
But it was turned down back in December.
I also paid them to do felony expunge, which I should at least be getting that. The felony expunge was another $500. The law firm also confirmed that my one felony is a wobbler, meaning it can be a felony or a misdemeanor. And they said they are going to try to get it reduced to a misdemeanor. If they succeed with the reduction I would get my gun rights back, so I'm hoping for that. I'm super paranoid about breaking the law. I have my family members drive me around when they can. Because I'm afraid of making a stupid mistake like speeding. They told me if I break any laws probation could be off the table and I would go to prison and my other reductions will go back to felonies.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2018, 06:38 PM

The 6 months I was in jail and nearly the whole 3 years I've been on probation and the authorities have not once drug or alcohol tested me Or come to the house for an inspection. Is it safe to say they won't test me or come by the house in the last 60 days?
Old 09-08-2018, 06:58 PM

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBattleship View Post
The 6 months I was in jail and nearly the whole 3 years I've been on probation and the authorities have not once drug or alcohol tested me Or come to the house for an inspection. Is it safe to say they won't test me or come by the house in the last 60 days?
Don't risk it now lol. It's safe to say they just might in the last 60 days. Good luck
Old 09-08-2018, 07:01 PM

Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,180 Posts

I won't chance it or take anything for granted. Take this time to really be mindful, so you won't have to deal with ever again.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:24 PM

Thanked 1,056 Times in 531 Posts

You're so close, I wouldn't take any chances!

Two quick stories --

1. someone I know, just 3 days before they were off HC, they HWH finally showed up at their house for an unannounced visit for the first time during his entire HC time to check up on him. So fortunately he was home.

2. Talk about stupid - my husband just told me today about a guy that was about to get out of his prison in December and got caught playing cards for $ in the RDAP program, and not only got kicked out of RDAP and the RDAP dorm, but also lost all the good time which he earned in RDAP which in this case was the full year!! I mean really, how stupid can you be?? This card game had apparently been going on for 6 months. It isn't worth it. So close..going home in 3 months and he blew it and is stuck in that hell hole for an extra year now! Crazy.

So bottom line, suck it up for the 60 days!!
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 06:55 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,090 Times in 14,195 Posts

totally agree with what the others have said.
dont violate any term of your probation. Just dont.
Follow each rule they throw out.

And if drinking or smoking lead to your original charges?
I dont think I'd be jumping in that either.
Keep yourself safe (and others too for that matter)

And yes. They can and will come by any time they feel like it. (parole/probation)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 09-16-2018, 02:24 AM

When the day comes what will happen?
Do I get anything in the mail saying I've finished probation?
November 8th is my last day. I plan on partying the 10th which is a Saturday.
Will I be in the clear to smoke and drink by the 10th? Or do I need clearance?
Also I'm down to 53 days now. I keep watching the days like a hawk.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:51 AM

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBattleship View Post
When the day comes what will happen?
Do I get anything in the mail saying I've finished probation?
November 8th is my last day. I plan on partying the 10th which is a Saturday.
Will I be in the clear to smoke and drink by the 10th? Or do I need clearance?
Also I'm down to 53 days now. I keep watching the days like a hawk.
How old are you??? Maybe you should think about staying out of trouble and not worry so much about when you can drink or do drugs. SERIOUSLY get a grip. Why don't you ask your probation officer how the process works.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:24 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,205 Times in 3,888 Posts

Sounds like you have done well so far so I am not sure why you are stressing over the last hurdles.
Ask your probation officer when you probation officially ends ends and then there wont be any surprises.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-16-2018), sidewalker (09-16-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 07:55 AM

Donation Award 

I dont think you get anything in the mail. If you are reporting now, the PO will likely tell you that you dont have to come in any longer.

why not call and ask him/her these questions?

If you plan on *partying* I sure hope you have plans to keep yourself safe.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 09-16-2018, 05:39 PM

I don't come in any more.
It got changed a while back so that now I just call in once a month on an automated system. Also I have it really easy right now. I don't have to do anymore community activity. At first they judge/DA wanted me to work a full time job while on probation, but my attorney fought that since I'm on disabilities. My attorney was like so what you want him to commit disability fraud? And fought it for me. Then they wanted me to do community service but my attorney fought that as well. And he got it reduced to community activity, which when I asked what I should do he said anything that gets me out of the house every day. So for about 6 months or so I was going to a mental health drop in center for an hour a day. And most days I just chilled in the back chewing tobacco and smoking with the other smokers. I had it pretty easy then too. But that place lost their contract and another company took over and the new place is run by the county so there is no smoking allowed now. And they also flat out refused to sign my sign in paper even when I was doing their program. They were really rude to me. Demanding to know my crime and I said I didn't want to tell them and they forced it out of me anyway. I just gave in and told them so they wouldn't think I was a sex offender or anything. My PO told me later that she thinks it is actually illegal for them to demand to know my crime. But anyway that place was no good for me anymore, which sucked because it was just down the street within walking distance. After that I started working at the local senior center doing meals on wheels, which later got changed so that volunteers could only work to prepare meals and feed the elderly at lunch time at the senior center. And this was more like community service so I was doing more than asked of me. I did this for about a year and a half a few days a week and my PO said that was fine if I didn't go every day as long as I was still going. I was going more often at first but got stressed out going all the time so I cut back. Also I was walking to a bus station then riding the bus there and back. And often the bus driver would roll right passed me at the bus stop and even make eye contact but kept going. So this was even more stress. I walked home one day and it nearly killed me. When I got really tired of the senior center I took some classes at the local college doing Pilates, yoga, and a swimming class. My sister and a friend did these with me. I got an A in each class. Then back in around December I paid a law firm to do early termination of probation after I knew I had served more than half my sentence. And it got denied, but probation was on board with me getting off early. So I asked if I could at least be done with the community activity and they agreed to let me off from that. So things are real easy now. I've not had to do any community activity since about December.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:48 PM

I got out of community activity mostly because I have a bad back and working at the senior center was causing pain. I have a bulged disk at L5-S1 with arthritis and stenosis. And my left shoulder has a torn tendon which I'm now getting surgery for on the 24th this month.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:52 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,958 Times in 11,668 Posts

Be sure to continue what you have been doing until you are totally off probation. I was surprised to read a number of posts where probation violations committed at the last minute resulted in a new prison sentence followed by another probation sentence too.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:59 PM

I've had this back and shoulder pain for about 17 years from injuries back when I was in high school. The shoulder from wrestling and my back from bull riding a few times and getting thrown off a bull to the hard ground and landing on my tail bone every time I did it. And only recently had an MRI when the pain just became more than I'm willing to accept anymore. My guess is that I've been dealing with that bulged disc every since bull riding but the arthritis and stenosis happened over time because of the injury, and just became too much pain. So far for my back all they have started to do is physical therapy which didn't help and most recently a I got facet joint injections and an epidural. I'm supposed to be meeting with a spine surgeon too, but the last time I saw my orthopedic doctor they said the spine doctor I was supposed to see doesn't accept my insurance. They said they would find another doctor and mail me the contact info but nothing ever came.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:13 PM

Everyone else at the senior center that was there for community service, they all had a set number of hours they had to do. And they couldn't believe that I didn't have set hours to report. I was just told community activity while on probation and three years probation. Guess I got lucky getting out of it. My life has been almost back to normal since not having to do community activity. Another class I tried to do at the college was a walking class. But I dropped out from that one about a week in. It was beyond harder than I could have ever expected walking to be. I'm also diabetic and a heart patient which didn't help.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:34 PM

I don't mean to be rude when I say this, and I do understand your pain, as I had 2 back surgeries within 1 month of each other and it was pretty debilitating, but community service/volunteerism should not be looked at as a punishment. Everyone should always be generous with their time and do some sort of community service, no matter how nominal it is. Every little bit counts. So while you might be limited as to what you can do, there are definitely things you can do, even if it is from your home. You should call different charities and ask what you can do to help. I'm sure they would appreciate any help they can get.

You seem happy to just be sitting there doing nothing, instead of appreciating the fact that you're not in prison and fortunate to be free. Take advantage of that freedom given to you, that so many others don't have.

Volunteerism and charitable work is such an important character trait to have. I have no doubt if you put your mind to it you could fine something, instead of just counting the days down until you're off probation. You may even find something you like. My husband, kids and I have made a regular habit of volunteering, even before my husband was indicted and continue to do so while he is away, and he will continue even after he is out and off probation. I know people greatly appreciate the time we give to these causes. It does not have to be financial.
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
Critter07 (Yesterday)
Old 09-16-2018, 09:32 PM
Off-Paper Since 2009
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,900 Times in 1,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
Everyone should always be generous with their time and do some sort of community service, no matter how nominal it is. Every little bit counts. So while you might be limited as to what you can do, there are definitely things you can do, even if it is from your home. You should call different charities and ask what you can do to help. I'm sure they would appreciate any help they can get.
That's actually a really good suggestion, rockchalk. Even something as simple as phone banking from home to raise awareness for a cause or something would be a great way to show initiative (especially when not required to) which can really go a long way in getting probation off your back, maybe even qualify you being placed on unsupervised status (no longer having to report to an actual probation officer) or even early termination of supervision altogether if the PO thinks you're going "above and beyond."

(All of this assuming OP can sit for more than a couple hours at a time with his bad back and all, I imagine he probably has to take breaks lying down throughout the day if the pain flares up too bad...)
The Following User Says Thank You to Nickel Timer For This Useful Post:
nimuay (09-18-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel Timer View Post
That's actually a really good suggestion, rockchalk. Even something as simple as phone banking from home to raise awareness for a cause or something would be a great way to show initiative (especially when not required to) which can really go a long way in getting probation off your back, maybe even qualify you being placed on unsupervised status (no longer having to report to an actual probation officer) or even early termination of supervision altogether if the PO thinks you're going "above and beyond."

(All of this assuming OP can sit for more than a couple hours at a time with his bad back and all, I imagine he probably has to take breaks lying down throughout the day if the pain flares up too bad...)
Well, he/she has no problem taking a few minutes to type on the computer to be online, so I would think he/she can certainly stuff a few envelopes for a charity. I've volunteered on charitable boards where we have to stuff envelopes for invitations to events, or to solicit donations, or people who volunteer for political campaigns (not my thing), but that is certainly a civic thing that someone can do. To me, it's not about getting off of the probation early, it's just about being a good person, not to mention it sure beats sitting there doing nothing! He/she sounds like they are mobile to some degree since they were going to some type of program, but just didn't like it when they weren't allowed to smoke any longer when the program changed. They can even make phone calls for charities.

We've done a lot of volunteering for the needy, food drives, and volunteering at the food bank, and/or delivering the food. My husband has also volunteered with the elderly and helping assist in a math class as a teacher assistant for I think bilingual or low income adults. I can't quite remember what it was, as well donating financially to different charities through the years that have meaning to us. There are tons of things to do, and if you can't do something financially, then giving time is the way to go. One can also arrange food, clothing or book drives. My daughters did that when they were 13 for their Bat Mitzvahs and ran a food drive. My husband is a GED tutor now in the prison and is hoping to set up some sort of scholarship when he gets out, seeing what some of these GED guys go through, and how hard some of them work, but ultimately they only get $25 and that is a ton to them, but yet in the long run doesn't go far. If they had a little more, it could really make a difference in these guys lives for starting over when they get out. Again, that is monetary, but charity does not have to be.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
Critter07 (Yesterday), Nickel Timer (09-16-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,126 Times in 10,865 Posts

Y'know, one of the least stressful and most rewarding things you can do even when disabled, it go to the local animal shelter and just pet puppies. They need it, and you might find that you do, too.
Critter07 (Yesterday), Nickel Timer (09-18-2018), rockchalk1 (09-18-2018), Sarianna (09-18-2018)
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM

I was all set and ready for a pre op appointment with my orthopedic doctor on the 19th and surgery on the 24th for my shoulder. But I had an appointment with my cardiologist on the 18th and they called it off. They said back in 2015 when I was having my heart issues that my heart was functioning at 17%. Then it recovered to 50% and they said 50-60% is normal so I was looking good. But now they say the latest test shows my heart function is at 35% so they called off the shoulder surgery. They increased my med's and said to go back for another test in three months. If the test is good I can get my surgery. If its not good they say they will do more testing. So I might still be looking at needing a pace maker. When they asked if I had any symptoms I told them I had a little bit of shortness of breath and some fatigue. Maybe that's why.
Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM

Also I'm now down to 49 days left of probation.
The Following User Says Thank You to RustyBattleship For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Off-Paper Since 2009
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,900 Times in 1,133 Posts

No worries, Rusty. If you can't work, you can't work.

At least they're cutting you some slack in that regard and not making you jump through any hoops.

Only 49 days left, you're pretty much through with it. Just sit tight and stay out of trouble and you'll finally be off-paper for good.
Old Today, 06:43 AM

Donation Award 

and with a shitty heart you should not be smoking.
Just sayin.

Sorry about the health issues

That's my dog's nose art