Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg81 View Post
Counseling is a good thing to consider. You have been doing everything on your own for 2 1/2 years. When he went in, it was a big adjustment. You had to learn to do things alone, eat without him, etc. Now that he is coming home, I am sure you are excited, but it will be an adjustment again. You won't be free to just get up and leave like you did, and he will want to eat or not eat certain things, so it won't be just what you like. That is not a bad thing, just something to get use to again. Counseling will help. Attending a good church will to. You can do this.....
Thank you we are definitely going to church he actually used to be an usher but first Sunday we are definitely there. But he’s agreed to counseling I know we will need it thanks for the advice I really didn’t even think about having to adjust to his needs now that you’ve put it in perspective I really need to think about those things

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2018, 07:51 AM

Thanked 5,819 Times in 3,039 Posts

I agree with what most have said and me and mine had times where we had nothing and I mean nothing to talk about!!! When this would happen we would get on each others nerves. We didn't take breaks he couldn't I'd go out and have a good time with some of my friends and remember I was free and that there was more to life then waiting for a man in prison!! If I didn't cut loose once in a while even going with my 78 year old Dad to his Elks Club for spaghetti night, I never could have survived his 5 year prison sentence. We then had stuff to talk about even though he might not have liked it I didn't let prison run my life and it sounds like you are.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
I agree with what most have said and me and mine had times where we had nothing and I mean nothing to talk about!!! When this would happen we would get on each others nerves. We didn't take breaks he couldn't I'd go out and have a good time with some of my friends and remember I was free and that there was more to life then waiting for a man in prison!! If I didn't cut loose once in a while even going with my 78 year old Dad to his Elks Club for spaghetti night, I never could have survived his 5 year prison sentence. We then had stuff to talk about even though he might not have liked it I didn't let prison run my life and it sounds like you are.
I wouldn’t say it runs my life although I work a lot I do go out with my friends and with family for holidays or just because it’s not ofte but I do go. But that just may give us one phone call to have something to discuss after that there’s still nothing but thank you