Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:09 PM

Default I heard from him today.

The letter was short but it was the best mail I think I have ever got. I cried the whole time I read it and I have re-read it many times. He doesn't say much just that he loves and misses me but after not hearing from him for 6 days it was better than the best novel i have ever read. I write him all the time sometimes it is snail mail other times through the jpay even though he hasnt seen them yet Im sure. I put money on the jpay his phone and his commissary. I feel like I am letting him down though because he has nothing. He is locked down 23 hours a day. He is only a week into RGC. I can believe it could be another 39 more days of this. This sucks so bad and there is nothing I can do to change it. He is there on bs charges. That is what makes it worse. All because his ex lied and said he attacked her. Than on the stand she admitted she lied and they still charged him. The system is broken.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2018, 01:07 AM

Thanked 2,792 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarissa71 View Post
The letter was short but it was the best mail I think I have ever got. I cried the whole time I read it and I have re-read it many times. He doesn't say much just that he loves and misses me but after not hearing from him for 6 days it was better than the best novel i have ever read. I write him all the time sometimes it is snail mail other times through the jpay even though he hasnt seen them yet Im sure. I put money on the jpay his phone and his commissary. I feel like I am letting him down though because he has nothing. He is locked down 23 hours a day. He is only a week into RGC. I can believe it could be another 39 more days of this. This sucks so bad and there is nothing I can do to change it. He is there on bs charges. That is what makes it worse. All because his ex lied and said he attacked her. Than on the stand she admitted she lied and they still charged him. The system is broken.
Wow I've never heard of someone being charged after someone admits to lying??? Sad. Either way hoping that you will be able to talk to him soon. Should be by next week. And more then likely it won't be a total month there and then you can see him. Print off the visiting application and get it filled out get your self addressed stamped envelope ready Etc. Then as soon as he transferred out you can find out where he is and mail it immediately. I gave mine a week and call the person he was in to ask if I was approved and they said I was I didn't wait for the return letter to come in the mail before I went to see him. I hope they get the ball rolling soon for you.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:52 PM

This is the worst patch, once he transfers, it is better. It probably won't take all 48 days from now.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:21 PM

I hope so because this time is killing me, I am sure it is him too. Im very worried because his ERD is 4-21 but Im worried he may have to go through the DV program and it is 44 weeks and that is past his ERD. I just want him home so we can go on with our lives.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Wow I've never heard of someone being charged after someone admits to lying??? Sad. Either way hoping that you will be able to talk to him soon. Should be by next week. And more then likely it won't be a total month there and then you can see him. Print off the visiting application and get it filled out get your self addressed stamped envelope ready Etc. Then as soon as he transferred out you can find out where he is and mail it immediately. I gave mine a week and call the person he was in to ask if I was approved and they said I was I didn't wait for the return letter to come in the mail before I went to see him. I hope they get the ball rolling soon for you.
Part of it is he had spent 11 years in prison before. It wasca violent crime. Even though it was 20 years ago that factored into everything. The state said she said she lied out of fear. Even though he had witnesses that he didnt do it. It is messed up but we just want it get past this and move forward.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:34 PM

Thanked 2,792 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarissa71 View Post
I hope so because this time is killing me, I am sure it is him too. Im very worried because his ERD is 4-21 but Im worried he may have to go through the DV program and it is 44 weeks and that is past his ERD. I just want him home so we can go on with our lives.
They will just give him a flop and see him again once his program is done. He also has to get into the program first which unfortunately could take a little while. Let's hope not though.