Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:05 AM

Default Planning for a release

my sister and I are in our 60s and my 75 year old brother is going to be released "in early December" We both live in other states, but we want to be there for him when he gets out.
Anyone know how to work THIS system?
I've called the governor's office and the parole board and they make it seem very fuzzy. furthermore, someone posted here about having a really long wait outside for a pick up
thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2018, 07:30 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,375 Times in 14,872 Posts

The routine and process for picking up an inmate at release varies from facility to facility, probably even day to day at the same facility. I've had to wait a little over an hour once and, if memory serves, I believe closer to 2 hours another time. Its going to depend on what's going on at the prison and how many inmates are being released that day. In my experience here in Kentucky, the inmates are not released en masse, but one at a time.

Congratulations on your brother's release!!

Welcome to PTO