Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:38 AM

Default Maricopa, AZ - good town for parolees/released looking for work etc.?

Hey for those of you in those areas - how is the town of Maricopa not the county but the town as I know it’s in that direction as well as far as everything you’ve been saying for people getting out in seeking employment, crime etc??
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2018, 04:35 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,256 Times in 1,498 Posts

Hey - I gave you your own thread separate from the Eloy thread; this way people looking for info for Maricopa will find it easier & it won't get buried with information about Eloy
Old 09-15-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
Hey for those of you in those areas - how is the town of Maricopa not the county but the town as I know itís in that direction as well as far as everything youíve been saying for people getting out in seeking employment, crime etc??
Iíve lived in the town of Maricopa for 2 1/2 years, with my two kids and I love it here. I feel safe and I donít believe the crime rate is excessive, or the drugs. Iím sure there is crime like every city but i feel safe walking the dogs with the kids at night. As for employment, the town is growing and building. Itís not like being in a big city like Phoenix but I would assume there are decent opportunities. I do know that there is even A.A. classes in town and ones for families as well. I looked into that for when my boyfriend gets out next year. If there is anything I can help answer please let me know. 😁
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~BrownEyes~ For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (09-17-2018), Sarianna (09-15-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BrownEyes~ View Post
Iíve lived in the town of Maricopa for 2 1/2 years, with my two kids and I love it here. I feel safe and I donít believe the crime rate is excessive, or the drugs. Iím sure there is crime like every city but i feel safe walking the dogs with the kids at night. As for employment, the town is growing and building. Itís not like being in a big city like Phoenix but I would assume there are decent opportunities. I do know that there is even A.A. classes in town and ones for families as well. I looked into that for when my boyfriend gets out next year. If there is anything I can help answer please let me know. 😁
Thank you - Iím most worried about employment opportunities for him and the drug scene - I donít want him to get pulled back in. He does good when away from it. When I read about the eloy and casa grande and Arizona city areas and the struggles there I want to avoid that for him as best I can.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:30 AM
here

I don't live out there, but I have close friends who do. There is work, but a lot of it is retail (if that's an issue, it is to some). They like it, but the biggest complaint they have is the commute to anywhere. Maricopa is out in the middle of nothing, so getting anywhere is a drive. There are a couple back ways in, but the main waitlist is the 347, so if something happens on that (accident, dust storm) it can be hell to get home.

I'm not saying its a bad place to live because of this. Just saying you ned to with the options. For my friends, its not enough of an problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylph For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (09-17-2018), Mjc916 (09-16-2018)