Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Massachusetts prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & and related topics.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:30 PM
VIII - XVIII - MMXVIII

Talking First Visit | Shirley Medium

So I just got approved on my boyfriend's visiting list. This is my first time visiting a Massachusetts jail so I'm not sure how the whole process goes. I have to drive about 2 hours, any help or advice anyone can give is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2018, 01:32 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,777 Times in 16,035 Posts

Hi SimplyS92 I'm sorry you haven't gotten an answer to your question. I'm not familiar with Massachusetts, so I looked up their DOC's info page for visits:

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2018/03/29/MCI-S%20Min-483.pdf

It seems to have some pretty detailed information: Visitation hours, where to park, arrival time, procedure for check-in, dress code & exceptions, allowable items, etc.

I hope this helps and that you have a wonderful visit!!

FYI: Always take extra clothing, just in case they're nit-picking that particular day Also, if renting a car, go through it with a fine tooth comb.... if the dogs hit on it & its searched, anything found will be attributed to you.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 10-29-2018, 12:56 PM
VIII - XVIII - MMXVIII

Talking Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyS92 View Post
So I just got approved on my boyfriend's visiting list. This is my first time visiting a Massachusetts jail so I'm not sure how the whole process goes. I have to drive about 2 hours, any help or advice anyone can give is greatly appreciated.
So I had my first visit, I arrived and waited at the gate. Once it was 12pm I was able to enter the facility. I parked and went inside to grab a number, I then proceed to fill out the inmate request form. I waited for my number to be called and I then went to the window for processing, you need your licenses plate number FYI, I was then processed and put my belongings in the locker($0.25). I then proceeded to get a canteen card ( $1) and added money ($40 fills the card). I waited for them to call my boyfriends last name and then proceeded to be searched and go through the metal detector. After that I was able to go in and I sat and waited for my boyfriend to come out. To sum it all up if its your first time going alone its not that bad
The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyS92 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,576 Times in 2,004 Posts

Glad your visit went well SimplyS92 - and thanks for sharing this with others who might be visiting in the future