Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo Topic and discussion specific to CMC Ė California Menís Colony Prison in San Luis Obispo, California.

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 AM

Hi does anyone know the name of the visiting Sargent and the number to reach him?? Thanks
Old 03-03-2013, 01:08 AM

Default Visiting Sgt at CMC

His name is something like Greeno, don't know the number off hand, but if you call the main number 805-547-7900 and press #1 it should take you to the visiting sgt and info. I knw the guy is only there on Thursdays. And I noticed this time around its harder to get approved then it was before. They seem to nic pic on everything. And when you get denied like I did the first time around when Scott was at Wasco reception, they told me the problem and I took care of it, but when I went to apply at CMC I got denied again, and felt like a yo yo then finally got excepted. One thing I learned, if you are denied you have to wait 6 months before reapplying to see your man. I was really pissed off, as I had a ticket, a parking ticket, paid it but it showed up on my DOJ and I am a Nurse at a local hospital here. Talk about the stupid things they do to give you the run around.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:36 PM

Do any one know how to file a complaint to Internal Affairs? Since the Sergeant at R&R department used the cardboard and threw to my son so I want to make a complaint .
Old 04-30-2013, 03:17 PM

how do I know the immate is located at East or West? by Immate Locator, you can only see he is st CMC...
Old 05-01-2013, 08:07 AM

Thanked 1,722 Times in 908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriahuang
how do I know the immate is located at East or West? by Immate Locator, you can only see he is st CMC...
You could tell if you have their housing info. Or if you know what level they are. Level 1&2 is west. 3 is east. Other than that I'm not sure.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
If you are new to this prison and you have any questions, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads!

Please try to stay on topic!!!

My son was just moved to CMC and I'm sure he'll be on the East facility, because he's a level 3. Can anyone tell me if the EAST facility is a SNY?
Old 07-01-2013, 04:42 PM

Thanked 1,722 Times in 908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksniece View Post
My son was just moved to CMC and I'm sure he'll be on the East facility, because he's a level 3. Can anyone tell me if the EAST facility is a SNY?
As far as I know, and according to the CDCR website, east is level 3 general population. I don't know if there is a SNY there. The website doesn't say anything about it.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,874 Times in 15,413 Posts

We have this post
http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthr...241113&page=12
which indicates that they do have a lv 3 sny yard.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
ricksniece (07-08-2013)
Old 07-08-2013, 04:08 PM

Thanks the link was a big help!
The Following User Says Thank You to ricksniece For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (07-09-2013)
Old 07-29-2013, 06:42 PM

Default Info on California Men's Colony in San Luis Obispo, CA

Hi everyone,

I am new to the prison system and need some help trying to get around to my loved one. He recently was moved to California Men's Colony (east) in San Luis Obispo from another prison up north. I am trying to visit him this weekend coming up but would like to know if anyone knows of any inexpensive motels where I would be able to stay with my two young children. Also I have already set up appts through the vpass, but would like to know how this works? Also are the visits pleasant there? Do the c.o give you trouble and also how is the regulations on attire? It would be of great help please and I just want to thank everyone and anyone who responds to this right away. I have been looking online for the past 2 hours and let me tell you I am going nuts. lol...
Old 07-29-2013, 06:45 PM

Hello... I'm from nearby SLO at least you will be in a nice area (if that helps). I've found the BOP guidelines for the different prisons are fairly spot on. So whatever the guide book says for SLO is likely okay to stick with. I can honestly tell you that SLO is a college town and on the weekends the place is packed with locals and folks from nearby towns - I don't know how "cheap" hotels are going to be. I wish you lots of luck. Have a safe trip.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaina For This Useful Post:
cristalp (07-29-2013)
Old 08-30-2013, 01:00 AM

Default Why did they tell me to ask the Inmate what type of visiting he has????

I have a friend that's housed there in East and I called today she said my Visiting form was received but haven't been approved yet but for some reason they told me that I need to talk to him about what type of visiting he's allowed???? He told me it's noncontact for right now because he was involved in a riot from the previous prison but why would they tell me to talk to him about what type it actually is Visiting it is???? A little alarmed here don't know why, any ideas??? She said she couldn't tell me that he has too...
Old 08-31-2013, 08:40 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,874 Times in 15,413 Posts

I dont know either. Only thing I do know is your inmate has to tell you if your approved.
Or not. Maybe that is what they meant.
Assuming he is in reception? If so, those are non contact visits (at least they were in my hubs old prison) and are shorter in duration than contact visits.
Hopefully your friend will let you know whats up

That's my dog's nose art

Old 10-13-2013, 08:42 PM

Hi all! My man is going to transfer soon and I was wondering a few things about CMC's East Yard.. What is closed custody? How often can people on the East yard call home? How long does orientation take? While in orientation what are visits like? Thank you if anyone can help, I'll really appreciate it!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:42 AM

Hello ladies hubby just got transferred here im sure he will be on west yard since he is a level 2 does anybody know how soon he will be able to call and any info on how visting there is would be appreciated thank u
Old 02-17-2014, 10:07 PM

Question Money/How Much Can He Have On His Books?

hi, does anyone know how much money they can have on their books at one time? I used j pay but it only lets my send 200. my husband told me to send the rest on a money order but i want to know how much they can have before i send it. he is at cmc also
Old 02-17-2014, 10:23 PM

my man is at avenal in Cali. He says they can have $220. I'm not sure if its the same at all prisons
Old 02-22-2014, 02:44 AM

I believe the op was asking how much they can have, not how much they can spend. While the maximum they can spend is indeed $220/mo., I don't believe there is a maximum amount they can have on their books. I believe Scott Peterson had over $25k on his books a while ago from money his "fans" sent in.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:01 AM

Default new to the prison sysyem

Hi my boyfriend is in reception still and hasnt been transferred yet but his counselor told me he will be leaving soon to cmc west hes level 2. Do i need to wait to hear from him once he gets there? Can he call me through globaltel to my cell phone like he would back in county? How many times can he call me a day? His counselor said once he gets there he wont be able to get visits yet because he will be classified. Whats classified? And since were not married yet can me n my 2 daughters see him for more than an hr. Also what days are visitations? Any answers would be a great help thank you.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:00 PM

Your boyfriend can call on your cell phone if you have an account set up and you do. Visiting is Saturday and Sunday 830-300. You need to be cleared before you visit him so make sure he sends you the form and there is an area to add your daughters. You also need their birth certificates at every visit. He will sign up for calls. My husband calls me 2-3 times a week. Sometimes the phones are down. To be classified is what they decide what's allowed for him and they will also tell him if he gets contact visits or behind the glass. At county it's bad hind the glass but most are contact visits. Hope thud helps and sorry the answers are out of order.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:57 PM

does anyone know if I have to get reapproved if I was already approved while he was in reception
Old 10-25-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbornsWife88 View Post
does anyone know if I have to get reapproved if I was already approved while he was in reception
No your approval will follow him
The Following User Says Thank You to mommieof5 For This Useful Post:
StubbornsWife88 (10-25-2014)
Old 10-25-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieof5 View Post
No your approval will follow him

Ok thank you so much how long did it take for him to get out of orientation? Sorry so many questions im just excited
Old 10-25-2014, 11:47 PM

Mine was able to call the 1st week he was there and I went and seen him a week later. And don't worry ask as many questions u want
Old 10-26-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieof5 View Post
Mine was able to call the 1st week he was there and I went and seen him a week later. And don't worry ask as many questions u want
Oo im hoping that's the case for mine im so excited to see him and talk to him and touch him....how long ago since yours got to cmc? And is yours on west or east? His counselor told me that he would only be allowedallowed one phone call a week until hes assigned a job :-/
Closed Thread