Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 03-10-2018, 11:19 PM

Default Intro--txchiktraveler from Texas

I have been lurking for several months knowing I would need this site at some point. Hubby was just moved from the our NE Texas county jail to somewhere, not sure where, or how long it will take me to find out.

He and I are well over 65 and this is NOT what I had planned for my golden years! It's going to be tough, on both of us, but with prayers and support from our families, and knowledge from you folks, we will make it through this.

So very blessed to have found this site. I will need all the help I can get to help me figure all this out.

TxChikTraveler
The Following User Says Thank You to txchiktraveler For This Useful Post:
maytayah (03-12-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,681 Times in 11,050 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Prison during retirement is extra nasty. I'm glad that you have support from your family.

I hope you hear from him soon, and his sentence passes quickly for both of you.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:41 AM

Thanked 10,493 Times in 5,775 Posts

Northeast Texas likely fed into Gurney in the Palestine area presuming this is something other than a State Jail sentence. Expect an appearance on the website locator by Tuesday AM...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-11-2018), maytayah (03-12-2018), sidewalker (03-11-2018), txchiktraveler (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 05:35 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,142 Times in 1,228 Posts

Welcome to PTO. I am sorry you're going through this but glad you found us. It seems you're on the right path getting information already. Hang in there and keep us posted.
Perhaps you may find the Husbands thread useful.
My husband always said, "Prison is a young man's thing." It was not for "the old timers".
Nonetheless, welcome.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
Old 03-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Billy's Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by txchiktraveler View Post
I have been lurking for several months knowing I would need this site at some point. Hubby was just moved from the our NE Texas county jail to somewhere, not sure where, or how long it will take me to find out.

He and I are well over 65 and this is NOT what I had planned for my golden years! It's going to be tough, on both of us, but with prayers and support from our families, and knowledge from you folks, we will make it through this.

So very blessed to have found this site. I will need all the help I can get to help me figure all this out.

TxChikTraveler
I am so sorry to hear you are going through this, if you ever need to just talk or vent don't hesitate to contact me!
Old 03-12-2018, 06:23 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 7,666 Times in 3,362 Posts

Sorry to hear about your situation ,but glad you found us and joinned. Things will get easier and there is a lot of information available here.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Billys_Lady (03-12-2018), txchiktraveler (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 11:08 PM

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Found out he went to Byrd, then after intake will be transferred to a medical (likely Galveston, I was told) facility. He has lots of medical issues. I was also told to call back to Byrd unit tomorrow (Tues) and I would be given his offender number. I'm trying to get phone squared away and set all that stuff up. I will be posting under other topics, I have lots of questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to txchiktraveler For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billys_Lady View Post
I am so sorry to hear you are going through this, if you ever need to just talk or vent don't hesitate to contact me!
Thank you so much. I will most certainly keep you in mind. I feel I'm in a whirlwind right now.