Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:26 AM

Angry Husband sentenced

My Husband whom I Love very much and who has a history of severe Heart Problems was sentenced yesterday to 6 years on a fleeing charge. My husband just had his 3rd heart surgery last month and also has Severe Heart Disease,Severe Cardiomiopathy and Congestive heart failure. They put a difibulator in last week. Against all doctors suggestions they sentenced him yesterday to prison time. This from a system who in 2000 left my Husband in Cardiac Arrest for 9 hours and the left side of his heart completely shut down, the doctor said there is no explanation for his survival, my husband was a dead man when the doctor got to him. Being left by ARKANSAS CORRECTIONAL for 9 hours in cardiac arrest, damaged my husbands heart severely = and caused massive scarring and weakening of the heart muscles. My husband even went to the nurse on hand at ACF while in cardiac arrest and she sent him back to his unit...now they want to lock him up again for fleeing. Wouldn't you flee to if they wanted you to go to the same place that left you for Dead??????!!!!!!!!! My husband is not a bad man... My husband is a responsible husband and father who has worked hard his entire life, a man of morals and values he only ran because he was scared......he is not guilty of anything but that. How Dare Arkansas to lock up a man who does not deserve to be in Jail but in all rights should have the state of Arkansas kissing his butt for the horrible damage they have done to his Heart and His Life.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2006, 06:10 AM
Account Closed

I dont know what to say besides that my heart goes
out to you and him and your families
I know this is a difficult and trying times

KarrieMI
Old 09-14-2006, 06:11 AM
Banned

I am so sorry to hear about this you and your husband will be in my prayers
Old 09-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Always Doin' My Best

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,168 Posts

Can you document all this? If so, I would take it to a lawyer. DOC's are known for ignoring serious medical problems just because they don't want to deal with it, or incur the cost.

My guy was sentenced couple months after open heart surgery. I can't tell you how many times they have messed up his meds. I just pray he makes it out alive and can get the proper medical treament he needs.

Make sure he signs a medical release so that you can call and talk to the medical department about him. Then keep calling so when the phone rings, they will automatically think it is you. Make them accountable.

Good luck with this! It is so frustrating to not be able to help them like we know they need.

dw

Old 09-14-2006, 12:49 PM

I am so sorry for you and will keep you in my daily thoughts!

Old 09-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyescrying
My Husband whom I Love very much and who has a history of severe Heart Problems was sentenced yesterday to 6 years on a fleeing charge. . . . Against all doctors suggestions they sentenced him yesterday to prison time. This from a system who in 2000 left my Husband in Cardiac Arrest for 9 hours and the left side of his heart completely shut down, the doctor said there is no explanation for his survival, my husband was a dead man when the doctor got to him. .
That's right my sweet, his body was dead but his spirt was not and all the body is is the shell on the spirit. God won't ready for him so God didn't take him. They couldn't even kill him though they tried, because God was like "BUT I'M NOT READY." That's the explanation right there.

This really is a messed up situation and how they've treated your husband and all. My heart really goes out to you because if my husband so much as nick his hand on the locker, I don't like it. At most, it appears God is with him, so in God I would rest my confidences that your husband will make it home with his life. {{{{{hugs}}}}}
Old 09-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Banned

Exclamation ^^^ Oooops!! almost forgot the disclaimer ^^^

^^^ My above post does not represent the opinion, view or belief of the PTO site, but it does of myself.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Always and Forever

Have you tried to call any people in your state or petition that he be released due to medical reasons? I really hate to hear that you are going through this type of situation, like being in prison isnt hard enough.
My boyfriend and i have been having problems with the DOC for 2 months. He has a torn rotator cuff and they wouldnt do anything for him. I know that he needed steroid shots but all they would give him was tylenol for 2 months like that was really going to cure anything. i ended up leaving messages with the warden, commisioner, director of medical services, congressman, and finally the F'ing Governor about his issue. He called me today and told me that they finally gave him the steroid shot and his arm is back to about 70% fo what it should be. They also started up an investigation. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

He's Home!!!!

Last edited by RML; 09-14-2006 at 09:50 PM..
Old 09-14-2006, 10:55 PM
I love my husband

Gosh girl, I’m so sorry to hear about that. He definitely need a lawyer that is making sure his healthcare needs are being meet 100% because if not, he is not going to make it. All I can say is PRAY, PRAY, PRAY! Good luck!
Mrs.W
Old 09-19-2006, 06:37 PM

Just want to say Thank you for all thoughts and prayers. Keep your Heads held high and Hearts full. They can take our Men away. but they can never take away our LOVE for them. I BELIEVE IN ANGELS!!!!! I pray God keeps each safe and brings them all home to Loving Arms.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:40 PM

Red face I Believe In Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyescrying
Just want to say Thank you for all thoughts and prayers. Keep your Heads held high and Hearts full. They can take our Men away. but they can never take away our LOVE for them. I BELIEVE IN ANGELS!!!!! I pray God keeps each safe and brings them all home to Loving Arms.
God will never give you more than you can handle, and when you feel like he has, just put it in his hands and he will carry you through!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Just here to listen

Blueeyes,
I know right now your worlds a mess and you and your husband aer hurting and angry. I want to tell you that my thoughts and prayers are with you both in this time of need. The system is not fair as we all know. I hope the best for him.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:02 PM

Unhappy

I can relate to that, anyone with severe medical problems and even with just high blood pressure they were supposed to try to release them here in Michigan that was hear say from and inmate but, they hear of the things they are supposed to do just like ths truth of sentence bull they don't stick with that neither...they don't care what your family doctor recommends or nothin if the judge feels like they want to prosacute they do my hubby is innocent and was framed by to other guys but at the time we had no proof until a year later and no-one will even touch his case..I really feel bad for you cause yor hausband has been through alot and they don't really give adamn about anyone but, how many they can get behind bars. I'm just really aggrevatitated with the whole thing
Old 09-19-2006, 08:21 PM

I WOULD IMMEDIATELY SEND A FEDEX NOTICE TO THE GOVERNOR!!!!!!!!!!
AND I WOULD VERY POLITELY INFORM HIM THAT YOU HAVE EVERY INTENTION TO HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE ON THIS TRAVESTY
YOU MUST SAVE HIS LIFE ; PRAYER IS GOOD BUT REMEMBER "GOD HELPS THOSE THAT HELP THEMSELVES" DO NOT BE SCARED SEND THE GOVERNER ALL THE INFO YOU HAVE AND DEMAND AN INTERVENTION; THEN CALL THE LOCAL NEWS IN YOUR AREA AND INFORM THEM OF YOUR SITUATION HAVE DOCS ALL READY TO FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNLESS HE COMMITTED A CAPITAL CRIME THEY SHOULD PUT HIM IN AN INFIRMARY OR HOSPITAL UNTIL HE IS STABLE!!!!!!!!!!! PLS. LET ME KNOW, bE STRONG!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:01 PM
W8TING 4 DADDY

Praying for you!!!
Member of wife to be club #40

"Faith is the key that opens up the door"
Old 09-25-2006, 06:44 AM

Unhappy Day 6 without my man

It is day 6 without my husband and I'll I can do is cry. I miss him so bad I can't breathe. I can't sleep at night for worrying, and I don't know how I will ever get through this. I am Lonley, and angry and scared. Me and our 2 kids have lost our home over my husbands Incarceration and I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. How do I get through all of this????????????
Old 09-25-2006, 11:01 AM

Blueyes, this is definitely not meant to be an attack on you or your guy ....

When guys get out they have to follow rules. The rules are made clear, and the punishment if they f*ck up is also made clear. They need to do ALL they can to abide by the rules, even if the rules seem absurd or make their lives difficult.

If he is not guilty of anything but fleeing, as a human I completely agree with you that he doesn't deserve to go back. But the rules state that he does, and he could have prevented the mess by not running.

Because we love these guys it's easy to make excuses for their behavior. I remember another thread where a guy who had recently been released had a parole violation and then ended up committing a misdemeanor ... and his girl blamed the parole board. I can understand her emotional response, but it wasn't the parole board's fault, the state's fault, or the DOC's fault. If the guy was out and screwed up, it's HIS fault. We need to realize that and deal with it.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Outlaw's honey girl

I'm with downtown on this one. My guy is back in for having a beer which showed up when he was at a meeting and they made everyone take a UA test. Seems crazy to have to finish out his remaining 2 years for that but he knew the rules and the possibility that he would get tested. I would have preferred any other punishment than what he got but this was the option they chose.

Old 09-25-2006, 04:08 PM

Oh honeyg that *sucks* !!!! That must have been really painful to process.