Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison & jail visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 11-12-2004, 04:34 PM

Default Tokens at South Woods State Prison

Going for my first visit at SouthWood tomorrow How much do you bring for tokens? How do you buy the tokens, when you register? I'm bringing my 14 year old BEAUTIFUL daughter, and we're fighting over what she can wear (nothing new). I plan on getting there by 7:30 am for the morning visit. Does anyone have any idea the time from the Brick/Toms River Area taking 195 and 295??? I'm sure I have a dozen other questions, but I'll have to figure it out for myself.
By the way, the bond appeal is still on, so keep the prayers. I'm actually pretty optimistic (not a normal frame of mind for me)
Thanks
Suzanne

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Account Closed

I am not sure about the time. I have been to Tom's River a couple of times. If I were you I would leave about 5:30 if you want to be there for 7:30. You can buy tokens in the lobby where you register. When I was going there the machines took $1 and $5 bills. They also have lockers there for your things because you can't take anything but your tokens in. Make sure that both of you wear nothing tight , short sleeveless or anything that can be thought of as revealing or sexy. I'm sure Tony's Baby Doll will see this and be able to give you more advice because she goes there. My man is in another prison now. Hope this helps.
Andrea
Old 11-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Taking a break

this was taken from the inmate's handbook & added to after visits.

i. Visitors apparel on visits will be the following:

1. no overcoats, topcoats, jackets, heavy guage or length jackets will be permitted.

2. cullottes, skirts or similar items must be at least to the fingertips of the wearer of mid-thigh length...no shorts

3. slacks, slack suits, dresses and suits are allowed

4. no headgear or hats unless religous in nature and approved for visits.

5. visitors may wear certain religous oriented hearwear, provided they submit to a search by a pat frisk or metal detector. In some cases it might be necessary to remove the headwear in order for the item to be searched properly. Visitors will be aforded reasonable privacy during the search. A visitors refusal to submit to this search procedure would result in the cancelation of denial of visitation.

6. see-through blouces or items which do not cover the front and back of the body are not permitted.

7. bike pants, leotards, or tights with no skirt, pants or shirt over them, sking tight knit fabric or any article of clothing that is skin tight will not be permited.

8. blazers, button-up sweaters & suit jackets are the only permissible outerwear admitted to the visit room.

9. headwear, wigs, ornaments or large hairsytles must submit to a search by a pat frisk, metal detector and or electronic system (IONscan). In some cases, it may be necessay to remove the headwear, wigs, ornaments or dismatle large hairstyles in otder for a proper search to be accomplished. Visitors will be afforded reasonable privacy during the search. A visitors refusal to submit to search prcedures will result in cancellation or deinal of visit.

10. NO slit skirts/dreses, wrap-around skirts/dresses or skirts.dreses that button or zipper the entrie length of the garment are permitted to be worn to visits

11. no open-toed shoes

12. no hoodies, sweat shirts with hoods

13. no reference to alcohol allowed on t-shirt graphics

14. no sweat pants with liners.

15. make sure your shirt doesn't ride up to where your belly shows.

16. make sure your jeans/shirts aren't toooooooooo tight

About tokens, I usually get them while waiting in line to register. Since I go on the same days/times for visits, I've gotten to know a few of the regulars and they hold my spot and help me with the boys while I go to the machine to get tokens.

I'm not sure about how long it takes to get from TomsRiver area to South Woods, but I know Danielle aka Johnny's Angel lives in that area and used to go to the half way house across the street from South Woods, so if anyone would know, I'm sure she would.

Have a great visit. If there is anything else you'd like to know, please feel free to PM me. If you'd like I'll PM you my number and you can call or I can call you if you'd like.

HUGS...Keiko

...even if things look hopeless, you have to try. I wish people would realize that. Sometimes you have to try.
-J.Hylton
Old 11-13-2004, 06:58 AM
Account Closed

I knew we could count on you Keiko!! Been a couple of yrs since I have been there.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Taking a break

Hi Suzanne...hope that you and your daughter had a great visit yesterday...hugs...Keiko

...even if things look hopeless, you have to try. I wish people would realize that. Sometimes you have to try.
-J.Hylton