Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison & jail visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 11-07-2004, 07:34 AM

Question Gifts to South Woods State Prison - what can & can't be sent?

I think I've gone through all of the SouthWoods stuff, but I still have ????
Am I allowed to order him anything on the outside to be delivered straight to him (CD's jackets clothes books etc)? If it comes straight from the vendor? What are the restrictions if it is allowed. Also I sent him 40 stamps like Tony's BabyDoll said, but he's freaking out cuz you can't have more than 30 and if he's searched, he'll get a ticket?????? I understand the visiting procedures that is posted, but it's the little things I don't know. I see he CAN wear his wedding ring (they took it from County--surprised they didn't keep it for Transport Fees ), but his has 4 little diamond chips in it and how would I get it to him anyhow???? As for visiting, is it less crowded in the morning then the afternoon? Has anyone been turned away cuz the room was full (but your inmate hadn't been visited?) I NEED TO KNOW cuz as Tony will tell you, I"m a worrier..............
Thanks
Suzanne

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Account Closed

If his wedding ring has diamonds he can not have it. Has to be a plain band. When my man was at South Woods I always sent him 40 stamps at a time and he never had a problem but if you feel better just send him 30. You can have magazines and bookds sent to him if they come directly from the vendor. But not clothes and I am not sure about cd's. As far as visits., I was always the first or second one there so I always got in and never saw anyone get turned away. I always went in the morning because the afternoon was always so crowded because the buses go there in the afternoon and also the vending machines tend to be empty by afternoon. To me Saturday mornings were always the best visit. Hope this helps. Andrea
Old 11-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Taking a break

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne1122
I think I've gone through all of the SouthWoods stuff, but I still have ????
Am I allowed to order him anything on the outside to be delivered straight to him (CD's jackets clothes books etc)? If it comes straight from the vendor? What are the restrictions if it is allowed. Also I sent him 40 stamps like Tony's BabyDoll said, but he's freaking out cuz you can't have more than 30 and if he's searched, he'll get a ticket?????? I understand the visiting procedures that is posted, but it's the little things I don't know. I see he CAN wear his wedding ring (they took it from County--surprised they didn't keep it for Transport Fees ), but his has 4 little diamond chips in it and how would I get it to him anyhow???? As for visiting, is it less crowded in the morning then the afternoon? Has anyone been turned away cuz the room was full (but your inmate hadn't been visited?) I NEED TO KNOW cuz as Tony will tell you, I"m a worrier..............

Thanks
Suzanne
I Suzanne...
I think Mrs Phil already covered all the questions in your post. I do know that they are able to purchace a food box, but they have to be at south woods a year charge free and have completed at least one program. They have to order VIA the 5 approved outside vendors and the box can't be more then 20 pounds. This happens in Feb and Aug. As for the books/magazines, they need to have the titles pre-approved...they will need the address, titles/authors, cost..etc. I go to the AM visits on Sunday and have never seen people turned away. I hope you are able to get the info that you need/want.

HUGS...Keiko

...even if things look hopeless, you have to try. I wish people would realize that. Sometimes you have to try.
-J.Hylton