Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation For those whose lives have been touched by addiction to drugs, alcohol or otherwise. For addicts and those who care about them.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,374 Times in 10,937 Posts

I have never heard of an AA meeting that had yelling and screaming involved. I've had enough people in my life with addiction issues that I've heard about meetings from Florida to New Hampshire to Ohio, and never ever heard of that.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imissmylife View Post
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Alcoholisim is not a disease. It is a choice. They choose to drink and they love that beer can more than they love you at that moment. Especially the ones who become nasty and violent when drunk. Do not excuse that. I love my husband dearly. He is dual diagnosis and there is more reason for me to try to understand the binge drinking, because of his mental illness. I will not do that. He can't help the mental illness he can help the drinking This is the last time. I can make it without him if necessary though I will love him forever. I will not live not being able to sleep because he won't let me, or listening to his nasty remarks or raising his hands to me. One more time, and he's done. He will die in jail. No attorney and no bonds and no anything. I will forget his name though I will love him forever. Now do any of you agree with me? Are you all falling for the disease bullshit? Do you know what AA's success record is? About 5%. They have to want to stop. And the only way they will do that is to love you more than they love to drink. Any fool who would drink himself to jail because of the hour or so of "fun" it brings, is not all there. Let them make marijuana legal. It causes less problems and was legal until Nixon. A genius who stopped it. Alcohol is a jail sentence and I guarantee you except for drugs it is probably the number one reason our loved ones are serving time. Now let me ask you. Do you think they speak the truth drunk or sober. I'm curious about this. Drinkers join in please.
I disagree about alcoholism being an illness, but no matter what that is no excuse for anyone to put their hands on you, or treating you disrespectfully, and mind you this comes from someone with a dual diagnosis. If you need to talk let me know.

Lex