Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation For those whose lives have been touched by addiction to drugs, alcohol or otherwise. For addicts and those who care about them.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:30 PM

Default ADHD/ADD testing

Is it possible and if so how do you get the BOP to do a complete testing of an inmate for ADHD/ADD?
And then is the possible drug treatments for a positive diagnosis up to the Prison Warden? I have gather that exactly what drugs are allowed to be used by a BOP inmate are not up to the BOP itself but really up to the individual factilites?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2011, 01:44 PM

I don't know about the testing. What I can tell you is that my son was diagnosed bi-polar prior to his incarceration. He was on meds when he entered. He immediately put in a slip to see the Psychiatrist and I as well sent faxes to the jail several times noting his condition. Finally had a conversation with the Psychiatrist office. I had to send copies of his prescriptions and they had to be current. When they put him on meds, they weren't any of the three meds he was on. They give him a med that he had never had before because they didn't have his meds in the facility. The problem being with psychotropic meds, they work or they don't and they can have very negative results. It's a scary thing to be put on new meds in a facility that doesn't even monitor whether the meds are working or not. The one they are giving him, his blood is supposed to be tested every month to make sure his kidneys are tolerating it. Pretty sure that is not happening. I hope you get a cler answer to your question. Just wanted to make you aware of starting a new program of meds without being monitored can be scary. Good luck to you