Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics General discussion forum for the UK. Come in and discuss issues in the British justice/prison system as well as your own personal issues.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:00 AM

Default How does the Prison Phone System work in UK

Hello, I'm looking for general information on how the phone system works in England.

Can I use like Google Voice or a phone number APP? Or do I need a landline in order for inmates to contact me?

How can I save money on expensive prison calls?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2020, 09:19 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 12,169 Times in 5,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKARUS1984 View Post
Hello, I'm looking for general information on how the phone system works in England.

Can I use like Google Voice or a phone number APP? Or do I need a landline in order for inmates to contact me?

How can I save money on expensive prison calls?

Thanks
Hi there , google voice is not accepted or available in the UK. Depending on the security category of the prison ,offenders have to add a number to their phone list.This is arranged with their case manager when they first arrive at the facility and they can add or remove numbers. If family or friends live overseas you may qualify for one free 5 minute call a month.

Calls have to be pre paid by the inmate they can buy phone credit. I am not sure how much it is now ,it was about 3p a minute a few years ago.

Your loved should be able to get information from his case manager.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.