Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Georgia, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:39 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,283 Times in 17,201 Posts
Default Georgia DOC Suspended visitation through April 10, 2020

Here are a few of the Georgia DOC has implemented due to the Corona Virus:

Quote:
Suspended visitation through April 10, 2020
Suspended volunteer visits to facilities, out of an abundance of caution
Partnered with Securus Technologies and JPay to provide each offender with the following, until further notice:
  • one (1) free fifteen-minute phone call each week beginning March 14, 2020
  • two (2) free e-stamps each week beginning March 17, 2020

Waived $5.00 medical co-pay for offenders exhibiting COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, effective March 13, 2020, until further notice

Read more at link below:

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/NewsRoom/PressReleases/georgia-department-corrections-coronavirus-covid-19-response

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
GaReform (03-17-2020), GingerM (03-17-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2020, 10:58 PM

Thanked 2,519 Times in 880 Posts

Today it struck me....

I was thinking I am so very thankful that my son is no longer in the system. He's been home since January 9th after doing 12 years to the door. He's doing well, working at the same job he had when he was at the T/C. He's even joined a gym and getting back into life. And now not only him but the entire world is getting a reset!

With that being said my thoughts quickly turned to all of those in the system and the concern and worry that everyone is now having to go through.

I know I'm not the only one praying, a lot of us are for the inmates and those working in the system and the families that have on going worry for their loved ones.
I truly hope all are spared of this terrible corona virus! I can only imagine......I don't even want to go there in my mind!!! The good is that many inmates that are legitimately ill, that don't have the virus, will now hopefully get the care they should have been getting all along! No more putting an inmate off! One can hope!

Not to be preachy... but our world needs to repent and get right with God then continue to look for him for guidance! We are definitely living in unprecedented times and our world as we knew it is no more. It seems so surreal.... just a few weeks ago we were focused on our old lives and now our daily life is changing minute by minute. We see how very vulnerable we all truly our.... just venture out to the grocery store and see the empty shelves. Oh my!!! Then we're bombarded with the ongoing minute by minute reports of financials, closings and cut backs to many. We all feel our very own mortality being threatened.

I'm praying people will take a look at what's going on and listen to God's call if they haven't already. My hope is that many will feel the tug of our heavenly Father and turn to him! It's time! Our world is failing us! Even worse our churches are failing us with warm fuzzy false doctrine and rarely a call to repentance! It's time to individually open our bible's and seek God out! I believe this is truly a wake up call that should not be ignored!
I humbly submit this and with all do respect.
May God's mercy and protection be upon us, our loved ones and our world.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lordbew/us For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-17-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 07:36 PM

Thanked 2,362 Times in 928 Posts

Thanks so much for posting that info. I have shared it with several of my GA advocacy people. This is a scary time for all of us & having someone we love trapped in a place with poor cleanliness & little to no medical care is a real stresser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Here are a few of the Georgia DOC has implemented due to the Corona Virus:

Read more at link below:

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/NewsRoom/PressReleases/georgia-department-corrections-coronavirus-covid-19-response
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
GingerM (03-18-2020), patchouli (03-17-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 01:38 PM

Default First COVID-19 Case at a Georgia Prison

I guess it was only a matter of time before the Coronavirus hit the GA DOC.

First case reported at a GA prison involves an employee that last reported for work on March 12th. No idea when they first began exhibiting symptoms but hopefully more details will be in the news soon.

See AJC webpage for story at https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...FFERMjoeLggyH/
The Following User Says Thank You to newnormal For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (03-18-2020)