Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 PM

Unhappy Concerned havent heard from husband

Hello,
My husband has been in Ashland Fed. Camp since 4/08. He calls & writes everyday unless the phones are down, but I have not talked to him since last Thursday & and that was also the day of his last letter. They refuse to tell me anything except that he is in Special Units and can only call once every 30 days? They won't tell me why, when or how long he will be there, if it's permanent, and say he can write. If he can he would have, unless they won't send it. I'm scared to death, haven't slept in days, does anyone have a loved one in Ashland that could help?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2010, 09:20 PM

Thanked 5,159 Times in 2,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fctlc1 View Post
Hello,
My husband has been in Ashland Fed. Camp since 4/08. He calls & writes everyday unless the phones are down, but I have not talked to him since last Thursday & and that was also the day of his last letter. They refuse to tell me anything except that he is in Special Units and can only call once every 30 days? They won't tell me why, when or how long he will be there, if it's permanent, and say he can write. If he can he would have, unless they won't send it. I'm scared to death, haven't slept in days, does anyone have a loved one in Ashland that could help?
It sounds like he is in federal SHU. He will have to write to you. If he does not have commissary supplies, this could delay it. He can receive mail. Keep writing until you hear from him. If the web site has him listed at that facility, then my guess is he is in SHU. Commissary is very limited as to what he can purchase, phone time is limited or not permitted, and visits if allowed will be behind glass.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:34 PM

Default T-Cincy, Oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1love View Post
It sounds like he is in federal SHU. He will have to write to you. If he does not have commissary supplies, this could delay it. He can receive mail. Keep writing until you hear from him. If the web site has him listed at that facility, then my guess is he is in SHU. Commissary is very limited as to what he can purchase, phone time is limited or not permitted, and visits if allowed will be behind glass.

Thank you, but what is SHU?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:02 PM

Default T-Cincy, Oh

Well "Special units" ok, but why would he be there, he doesn't fight, smoke, or do anything to get into trouble, and seems to get along with everyone, that's the part that's scarring the crap out of me! When i talked to him last Thur. and in the last letter from the same day there was nothing unusual going on, then nothing at all.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,380 Times in 4,637 Posts

Only he can tell you why he's there.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:33 PM

Default T-Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fctlc1 View Post
Hello,
I finally got a letter today, 2, Mon.-Tue., and Wed. thought would be back at camp before I got either letter, but still no call, so not yet I guess. Not in trouble, just waiting, setting example of all.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:05 PM

Default T-cincy

I want to thank everyone for the kindness & support you have shown me, this is the first chat line I have ever been on and is not what I was expecting.
I can not get past my hate and contemp for this so called "Justice System", so I am really holding back, I may need to take a break for a few days.
I have contacted the church to try to get past these feelings, but somehow I doubt if they will change.

Thank you all so much!