Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: What is your relationship?
husband 106 34.08%
boyfriend 174 55.95%
don't know / just friends 31 9.97%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post
I'm a husband. Being a boyfriend is usually a temporary state. If the relationship's serious and she's The One, you go the husband route. If not, you go away. Which would I rather be? I've loved and been in love with my wife for 27 years, only the first 5 of which we were able to be together. If we hadn't had our daughter things might have worked out differently. I was so damned hurt and angry with her for what she did and for causing us to be separated I think I might have walked if we hadn't been married and been parents. Kids need both parents, which gave me some incentive to remain married to her when she first went in. I came to realize that she wasn't responsible for what she did as we talked frankly over time. I realized I still loved her and needed her and she loved and needed me. It isn't always easy but what worthwhile thing ever is?
Well said, sir. I met my lady while she was incarcerated. I was married young, but divorced because we grew apart. Since my divorce more than twenty years ago, I have floated from relationship to relationship, but I never found anyone that captured my heart. At least, not until I met Kelly.

The truth of the matter is that I needed her, just as much as she needed me. When I discovered who she truly was, I fell in love with her. What is time when compared with that? I could engage in hyperbole, but you already know exactly what I mean. She was given juvenile life without parole for a murder that she was an accessory to when she was just 17 years old. That was 21 years ago. The Commonwealth says that she will never be free, but I don't believe that.

As long as her heart and mind are free, she is as free as you or I. It is only her body that is confined. And if I am not mistaken, you know exactly what I mean by that as well. There are some truths that must be experienced in order to be understood. Your post, quoted above, reflects this.

Welcome to the vigil.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thorfin For This Useful Post:
missingdee (08-06-2016), WaitingWilkes (01-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,105 Times in 2,293 Posts

I have to say that reading Thor and Wilkes stories have given me a bit of additional food for thought. And make me feel incredibly blessed that the out date for Dee is close at hand. There's still as many unanswered questions as answered in so many ways. My hope is that Dee is done with being "state property" (though they have a lease on that "second sentence" known as parole for up to the next 5 years, though we're hopeful she'll be released from that in 2-3 as happened for one of our friends who managed to not violate and hold jobs and all that her first two years.). But if she isn't.....well, maybe I'm understanding some new things from these two.

Thank you for your stories and your insights, gentlemen.

-E

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-03-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfin View Post
As long as her heart and mind are free, she is as free as you or I. It is only her body that is confined. And if I am not mistaken, you know exactly what I mean by that as well. There are some truths that must be experienced in order to be understood. Your post, quoted above, reflects this.
It took us quite a while to reach the point where we understood that freedom is what you make of it. Tammy never allowed herself to become institutionalized. She's changed a lot because she's been forced to but she's still Tammy, the bright, funny, sexy girl I married. Maybe that's one reason I've been able to stick it out. It also helps that we've found ways to share exciting intimacy despite having to live in separate and very different worlds.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
onparoleinTO (08-08-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 05:26 AM
Coopers disciple

Started out as pen-pals, then I fell in love like crazy and started wooing him, loveletters, poetry and all. He's reluctant and pretty much has caution tape around his heart because people messed with it a lot, but he's not completely averse to my efforts More than friends not yet lovers.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:42 PM
Donation Award 

What I'd rather be is what I am and always wanted to be..... her husband. Incarceration has put a huge strain on regular life but I would never want to change what we have had in our relationship and have now and will have in the future between us.

Last edited by Nitewolf047; 11-24-2017 at 08:48 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nitewolf047 For This Useful Post:
K6770 (11-25-2017), Sarianna (04-07-2018), WaitingWilkes (11-25-2017), xolady (03-20-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 04:48 PM

As much as shes been introuble, I couldn't turn my back on her. Shes always been there for me through my times getting in trouble. I just encourage her as I see she's getting help with her drinking and staying sober. After her arrest she completed a 6 month in patient rehab and was court ordered to wear an alcohol monitor. She relasped and is currently in jail for 8 months for violating probation. I go to visit her with her sponsor from AA
The Following User Says Thank You to benm887 For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 04:42 PM

Sometimes all you can give is support. Sometimes it's enough.
Old 07-27-2019, 05:48 PM

Mine is getting paroled in January and I can tell you that I have been faithful to her this entire time. Going on a year now. It's not hard for me because she is who I live for. I don't understand what she's going through now and I want to. Fear of being free is a very real thing
The Following User Says Thank You to dconnelly For This Useful Post:
missingdee (07-29-2019)
Old 07-29-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dconnelly View Post
Mine is getting paroled in January ...

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope everything goes well for both of you!
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
missingdee (07-29-2019)