Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Indiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 08:10 PM
samuriprincess

Exclamation Help!

Is there anybody here from around the terre haute area that goes to Miami Correctional in Bunker Hill for visits? If there is please let me know!
Susan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8ec.jpg (2.7 KB, 97 views)
Old 08-27-2005, 08:23 PM
samuriprincess

I would be willing to help with gas....
susan
Old 08-27-2005, 08:37 PM

I go to Bunker Hill but unfortunately I'm not close to Terre Haute, I'm in Logansport...I go on thursdays, maybe we will see each other one day??
Old 08-27-2005, 09:16 PM
samuriprincess

Yep I should have been going this Thursday, but my ride and her man broke up, so I am having to find a new ride..
Susan
Old 09-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Anthony Girl

Exclamation Carpool to Pendleton...

How many have loved ones that are in Pendleton, and would be interested in doing a car pool every two weeks starting in November? Send me a private message, and I'll see what we can do at our meeting in Indianapolis <at Best Western> on Nov.11th

Almost 5 years in, and still going strong!

Old 10-18-2005, 10:13 PM
blkhrt

Default Going my way? Wabash Valley

Does anyone have a loved one they visit at Wabash Valley Correctional that lives in Indianapolis or comes through here on the way. Would be nice to have someone to share the ride with, especially with gas prices so high. We are finally getting visits back after a year - woo hoo!

Old 10-25-2005, 10:02 PM
Waiting For His Return!!!

sorry huni I dont live that way but i was about to think i was the only one on here that had someone at Wabash Valley (Carlisle) PM me maybe when i get put on his visiting list AGAIN we can set up a date that we are going to visit at the same time and maybe we can go have lunch and chat a bit afterwards my mother works at a great lil truckstop right down the road from there and i could just have her pay..LOL I have such a great mother...

Old 11-03-2005, 07:13 AM
blkhrt

Thanks, Lunch or something would be great (thnaks mom lol) My visits were put on hold .... They are being hateful because Will is almost done with segregation and they are doing everything they can legally to get him to do something stupid for a writeup, so he can't get off seg. This happens every year around this time, but this year he will not take their bait. Also, I have recently deicided to move to Florida to be closer to our families and this has to be done before Christmas, so I don't know if I will even get see him before I go (big tears). I'll keep u updated though - TX

Old 12-27-2005, 11:44 AM

Talking Anyone for carpooling to Wabash Valley correctional facility?

My sons dad is in wabash valley level 4 and I try to go see him at least once a month on a tuesday or thursday because of longer visiting hours but any way money is tight and I always take my two year old son and don't like the trip alone. I live in Fort Wayne which is four hours away from there. I was wondering if any one else goes to visit if they would like to go in on the gas I can drive I own a dodge caravan it seats 7 people so I got lots of room and it is dependable. So if any one is interrested you can contact me through the forum or privite it will need to be planned a head of time so A.S.A.P oh yea some times his mother rides along she is a smoker just F.Y.I I do not smoke and I bring snacks so kids are always welcome. I try to stay the whole visit which I leave the house around 7:30,8:00 and get their around noon then stay until 5:00 or until my son starts to act a fool which is not common but once we did have to leave around 4:00 because he wouldn't stop crying.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:37 PM

I just wanted to let anyone know that I will be going on valentines day 06. February 14 2006 Tuesday. Interested let me know...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:33 PM
MsStacey

Anyone interested in long distance carpooling? I'm in Minnesota and need to get to Wabash in Carlisle, IN. )
Old 02-02-2006, 02:25 PM
baby momma

Default carpool branchville

does anyone live or pass by my area that would be willing to carpool? It would be me and my 1 year old child. My boyfriend is in branchville.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:57 PM

Where are you located? My husband is at Branchville?
Old 02-02-2006, 07:41 PM
baby momma

I am located in avon indiana it is 20 minutes west of downtown in hendricks county.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:18 PM

I am planning to go to Branchville this month I really don't know what day but it will be at the end of the month. I have three daughters and their dad is their. I want to take them to see him I've never been their before I live in the fort wayne area so I'm about five hours away. When I do go I will go during the week, I drive a van so their is lots of room plus my son {whos father is in a different prison} will not be going so their is an extra car seat I will have open. I don't kno wif your on the way from me but you can throw me a line and we can see whats going on.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:03 PM
baby momma

Hey I checked the map on Yahoo and it is on the way you are about 3 1/2 hours from me then about 3 to Branchville........let me know what you think I will help with gas Thank you........Melisa
Old 02-23-2006, 09:25 AM

I live in linton indiana and branchville is 101 miles from me if there is anybody in the area that would like to carpool I'm more than happy to help.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:52 PM
baby momma

I'm in Avon indiana dont know how far that is it takes me 2 hours to get to Branchville
Old 02-23-2006, 05:15 PM
blkhrt

LOL I'm interested in long distance carpooling to Wabash Valley, but I'm in southern FL , not much help....

Old 04-26-2006, 11:39 PM

Default does anyone know about shuttles at westville

My husband was telling me that in the chapel at Westville there was a flyer for a shuttle that took visitors to the prison who didn't drive. Does anyone know about this or has anyone heard about it? Just wondering who I contact about this? I am pretty sure it was a religious based shuttle. Thanks
Old 04-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Wizard of Oz Member
Donation Award 

When my husband was in Westville I saw some information about a bus that would take you to Westville. I believe it began the journey out of Indianapolis. I just briefly looked at it while I was waiting in line to check in, so I don't know all the specifics. For some reason $40.00 sticks out about the cost, which considering the price of gas and I had to drive almost 4 hours to get there sounded reasonable at the time. I am such a control freak about driving though, that I usually am the driver whenever I travel anywhere. Many times I have driven other peoples vehicles when we would visit the prison because I get stressed out about other people driving. Sorry I don't remember anything else about it though. Maybe you can call the chaplain there and ask him. Or write him a letter requesting information. Good luck!

Old 04-27-2006, 11:31 AM

thanks Mrs. Ford. I am only able to go up about once a month and Tod is wanting me to come up more. I have a car but it won't make a trip that far(at least I don't trust it that far). He is able to have visits once every 7 days, and I know I wouldn't be able to go that often. He was telling me about this shuttle bus but I thought he said it was free. I couldn't see that ....as high as the gas prices are(they would go broke in a matter of days..LOL). I will try to find out more about it...thanks though.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:45 PM
sweet_aziza
Donation Award 

www.usewhatyouvegotministry.org/Use What You've Got Ministry/(317) 924-4124 / Provides transportation from the Indianapolis area to nine Indiana prisons so that family members and friends can visit their loved ones in prison. Transportation is typically provided once a month. The prisons include Branchville, Correctional Industrial Complex, Indiana Youth Center, Miami Correctional Facility, Michigan City, Pendleton, State Farm, Wabash Valley and Westville. Offers support, Christian materials and prayer to family members. Also provides an annual retreat for women who utilize the program.Family and friends of inmates that live in the Indianapolis area. I hope this info helps and works for you. I have called them in the past and talk to someone and they said they would call me back and never did. My son is at CIF in Pendelton In. Let me know if this place works for you.

"U are my God and I am your Earth"
Old 04-29-2006, 06:29 PM

thanks...I will check it out
Old 05-09-2006, 08:40 PM

Default i am from south bend looking to go to visits at westville.......

i was wondering if anyone from south bend visits anyone in westville every 10 days or at all? please ket me know asap thank you
Closed Thread