Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Impatiently Waiting!

Question Question about visits and mail for family when it is a family violence offense.....

Ok my husband will be signing a four year sent on June 2nd for Agg Assault SBI. Long story if you want to know about it go to where I introduced myself and told about us.

I have heard that we will not be able to have visits, or mail or anything while he is there. I have also been told they can't do this. So I have no clue what to believe. I do know that I will be speaking with an attorney if they do deny us visitation as I know others have said they can't do this unless I was under 19 years of age. Anyone with experience in this I would appreciate your stories!

Thanks!!

Tanya
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,206 Times in 10,576 Posts

Welcome! If your judge was like most, there was a restraining order placed because of the violence. The prison will have a copy in his file, and they usually pay attention to it. You are the official victim of domestic violence, and they don't *get* the difference that you are so aware of - that he's not an abuser, etc. You will most likely have to go in front of that judge to get your visitation and letters. Mind you, I'm not a lawyer and not from Texas, but that's the way things tend to go.
You've had a terrible time; bless you both.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:11 PM

You would have to go through court to get visitation, since you are listed as the victim of the crime. If he tries to put you on his list, they will deny you. Then it will be on his screen you were denied and that you are the victim.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Impatiently Waiting!

Which court will I have to go through?? The one that sentences him?? Also can his atty deal with this for me?? Also will his parents or my mother be able to take our three children to see him?? And should I write the judge and prosecutor about the visitation? Sorry so full of questions.

Thanks

Tanya

Last edited by hauolimau; 05-26-2006 at 08:08 PM..