Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Indiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 09-21-2016, 07:34 AM

Default How long before I can expect a call

My son was transferred from RDC yesterday.... thank goodness. It was only 12 days but those were 12 long, sad days. I checked the database this morning and now he is in Heritage Trail (Plainfield STOP). I also got my notification this morning that he had been transferred. Now I just need to talk to him. Does it take a few days to be able to do that? He isn't one to ask questions. It took him 2 days to figure out how to call me from the county jail. Do they have a waiting time before they can call? I have already set my phone up and put money on a prepaid account.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2016, 08:53 AM

Thanked 2,636 Times in 1,657 Posts

It should only take a few days. Hope you hear from him soon.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:31 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,059 Times in 14,749 Posts

As I understand it, he'll have to add you to his phone list....I've seen others post that it took a couple (or more) weeks. I hope it doesn't take that long for you to get a call. He can receive letters though

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-22-2016)
Old 09-21-2016, 10:17 AM

My nephew who was just at rdc called me the next day. Supposedly you fill out the phone list at rdc. It may depend on how fast the facility works.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:55 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Its already been 12 days and he's been transferred out of RCD to Heritage Trail...so, yeah, hopefully it'll only be a couple more days

Do they use "pin numbers" when making calls in Indiana, or voice recognition?

Old 09-21-2016, 12:28 PM

I have no idea on PIN vs voice.

I will be the first on his list since I am probably the only number he has memorized lol I can't wait to get that call. Keeping my phone by me at all times right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to LisaIndy For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-21-2016)
Old 09-21-2016, 12:56 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

I've been doing this a long time, too long and I still take my phone to the bathroom, out to check the mailbox etc

Old 09-21-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaIndy View Post
I have no idea on PIN vs voice.

I will be the first on his list since I am probably the only number he has memorized lol I can't wait to get that call. Keeping my phone by me at all times right now.
I sleep with my phone. Even though he can't call then . I just have to have it. And I'm sure the 12 days at rdc seemed like they lasted a lifetime let's hope since he was transferred yesterday that it won't be long now.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:10 AM

No phone call yet however he sent me an email last night. One happy momma to hear from her boy He said he didn't have access to his commissary and needed to get his visitors list done in order to receive money. He had about $78 on his commissary from county and $20 on his phone account (although I have no idea if they transfer his phone money). I also put $40 on his account while at RDC through JPay. The officer at the jail told me they would have wrote a check to RDC for what was left on his account when he was transferred. I don't know how to be sure of all of this though. He said he would call me in a day or two. I am not going to cry.... I have to be strong for him. It doesn't help him when he has to worry about me all the time.
patchouli (09-22-2016)
Old 09-22-2016, 07:33 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Whooo Hooo! Glad you heard from him ...and don't worry about the cry'n thing Its perfectly ok to cry. Therapeutic actually

The phone service provider at county is a different provider than RDC and Heritage Trail, is that right? If so, it won't transfer. You'll have to call that provider and request a refund.

His commissary money will transfer from county to RDC to Heritage Trail, but it might take a few days to catch up with him....it depends on how quick the checks are cut. The money is supposed to go with them, the day they're transferred (as I understand it) but it doesn't always work that way in reality--apparently

Old 09-22-2016, 08:31 AM

Glad you got an email. And it's normal to cry your hurting and so is he. How long does he have?
Old 09-22-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Glad you got an email. And it's normal to cry your hurting and so is he. How long does he have?
His sentence is 180 days -- with the 75% and days already served (8), his release date is set for January 7th. But that is just step 1. After he is released he will be sent to Community Corrections but he should come home at that point as he has already been approved for house arrest/home detention. We had this done before his sentencing per the lawyer's request. He has to serve 1 year on house arrest and 2 years probation. All that I can deal with. I hope this situation really opens his eyes. In his letter he said how sorry he was and that it was not the place for him. He promised he would never mess up again.... I sure hope so. I don't want to go through this ever again
Old 09-22-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
His sentence is 180 days -- with the 75% and days already served (8), his release date is set for January 7th. But that is just step 1. After he is released he will be sent to Community Corrections but he should come home at that point as he has already been approved for house arrest/home detention. We had this done before his sentencing per the lawyer's request. He has to serve 1 year on house arrest and 2 years probation. All that I can deal with. I hope this situation really opens his eyes. In his letter he said how sorry he was and that it was not the place for him. He promised he would never mess up again.... I sure hope so. I don't want to go through this ever again
I hope so to. Having a LO in prison is no easy task. Hope you actually get to hear his voice soon. And that his probation and house arrest go smoothly.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:42 AM

No phone call yet.... but I was approved for visitation this morning per JPay That was quicker than I thought! His dad is going today and I am going tomorrow. I cannot wait to see my boy! Trying to find a someone to keep my little girls though (6 & 8). I don't want to take them until I get a feel for everything. I know they want to see their brother very badly but I want to feel comfortable first.
patchouli (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 08:59 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Yea! Have a wonderful visit!!

Old 09-26-2016, 12:32 PM

I got to see my son!!! 3 1/2 hours with one happy/sad Momma. Very bittersweet and emotional. I did my best to hold it together. He is learning the ropes and learning how to interact with everybody. And he likes it much better than county.... absolutely hated RDC. Goodbye was the hardest. He is hugging me so much differently now.... it has so much more feeling and meaning in it. Can't believe how much he has grown up and matured in the past few weeks. I am taking his sisters with me next weekend. They have a bunch of toys to keep them occupied. I was gone a long time. Took me 45 minutes to find where the facility was and it is 1 1/2 hrs from my house. They keep those things hid lol I am so relieved to know he is doing okay. As much as I hate this, at least I have weekly visits to look forward to. Still no phone call though.... he said maybe Tuesday.... not sure why it is taking so long. The guard even let us both take a bathroom break so we didn't have to end our visit. He hasn't ate a lot and he ate quite a bit of vending machine food.... ran through his system rather quickly lol He said that was the first time he had been to the bathroom in private in weeks. I hope time starts going faster now for both of us.
patchouli (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 01:11 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Yeah, county time sucks; reception time sucks....things always get better once they get to their "home" prison I'm glad the visit went well. The first one is always the hardest, but you'll be an old hat at it before you know it. LOL

Old 09-26-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I got to see my son!!! 3 1/2 hours with one happy/sad Momma. Very bittersweet and emotional. I did my best to hold it together. He is learning the ropes and learning how to interact with everybody. And he likes it much better than county.... absolutely hated RDC. Goodbye was the hardest. He is hugging me so much differently now.... it has so much more feeling and meaning in it. Can't believe how much he has grown up and matured in the past few weeks. I am taking his sisters with me next weekend. They have a bunch of toys to keep them occupied. I was gone a long time. Took me 45 minutes to find where the facility was and it is 1 1/2 hrs from my house. They keep those things hid lol I am so relieved to know he is doing okay. As much as I hate this, at least I have weekly visits to look forward to. Still no phone call though.... he said maybe Tuesday.... not sure why it is taking so long. The guard even let us both take a bathroom break so we didn't have to end our visit. He hasn't ate a lot and he ate quite a bit of vending machine food.... ran through his system rather quickly lol He said that was the first time he had been to the bathroom in private in weeks. I hope time starts going faster now for both of us.
Yay I'm so happy for you and I bet his sister will be excited to see him as well. And yes the goodbyes are the hardest thing. But anyway I'm happy for you
Old 10-03-2016, 08:03 AM

I am now receiving daily phone calls First call was last Tuesday and he has called every day since. Weekly visits. One month in. We can do this. I still worry so much all the time but time is passing.
patchouli (10-03-2016)