Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics General discussion forum for the UK. Come in and discuss issues in the British justice/prison system as well as your own personal issues.

Old 09-06-2004, 06:51 AM

Default Is There Anyone From The Uk With A Guy At S.quentin

Hi there all my English buddies

I was just wondering if any of you have a pal/loved one at San Quentin,I'd like someone to share feelings,worries with.It gets to me sometimes that I am so far away.It would be nice to chat with another English rose in the same situation as me.Ruben is on death row He is truly my soul mate.So if there is anyone else out there in PTO land who fancies a chat,free feel to get in touch

Last edited by rubensgirl; 09-06-2004 at 06:52 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2004, 10:28 AM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Hi there.
I got a pal on DR in San Quentin. If you wanna chat, holla back... I'm here!
Old 09-07-2004, 04:00 PM

Hi there!

I know, I am not an English Rose but I thought Switzerland is not so far away! I have a pen pal on D/R in San Quentin.

Take care,
Anja

Old 09-08-2004, 07:10 AM

Hi there,

Have any of you visited S Quentin,I mean are there places close by for you to stay,do you get longer visits because your from overseas.I just find the idea of traveling thousands of miles on my own,then finding somewhere to stay,nervously waiting for the visit then actually going to the prison.....well I just find it so frightening
I no this is something that Ive got to do,but I keep putting off sending my visiting form back,I suppose its just the thought of the unknown that scares me.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:56 AM

Hi

Sorry, I can't help you out here... So far I haven't been to San Quentin myself... But I can imagine that you are nervous and frightened about the thought of going there! I am sure though that once you are there everything will just be fine!
By the way, don't wait too long with sending the visitation form back!! It takes quite a while sometimes to get approved!

Have a good day!

Anja

Old 09-08-2004, 08:05 AM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Dont delay in sending your Visiting form in, because once youve been approved you can go whenever you ready, no matter how long that be. I have experience in finding accomodation and ways of visiting in different states and locations. If you want, i can help you. Do you have a drivers licence? If you do, are you willing to hire a car... you may need to! I havent ever been to S.Q myself so i dont know.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:46 AM

Thanks,

I have to go now but I will be back online sometime tonight,I need help with some of the questions on my v. form.They dont make it easy do they?
Old 09-08-2004, 10:06 AM

Rubensgirl, I have a penpal on DR in SQ, but I haven't been to visit him. However I just came back from a visit to my other pp in WA. The WA ladies have been so welcoming and kind to me!! Also, next to the prison I visited was the Matthew House where visitors from afar can stay as long as their visit lasts. They are one of the few houses of the sort in the USA but you can do a search on the net for cheap lodging or 'churchlike' houses maybe. Does your pp have any family in the area?
I know it can be very difficult without a car in the USA, and I was lucky to have Nawna and Doughsgurl giving me lifts. I know someone here in NL who visited SQ and I will ask her when she comes back from holiday. Post as well in the SQ/CA forum!! Once you are on his visiting list and you have more contacts and addresses, you only have to choose a time and book a flight! He will certainly be very happy to see you!
Abelle
Old 09-09-2004, 07:23 AM

Help with visiting form,

OK I gather the zip code they are asking for is the same as our post code,am I right?
Well what about identification card & issuing state...whats that all about?

When ive eventually figured this out...with your help,what is the address I send it to.

Thanks

Tracy
Old 09-09-2004, 10:06 AM

2nice....Thanks I will be wanting advise on places to stay,soon I hope...No I dont have a drivers licence,the roads are safer that way

Foundlove....English rose or not your more than welcome

Abelle....If you could ask you pal about her visit to San Quentin that would be really helpful
Old 09-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

HI rubensgirl, I'm from Cali and I have been to SQ, so feel free to pm me about it. I'm sure there is public transportation (bus) from San Francisco that goes close to the gate. You will need a governemnt-issued photo ID (that's the identification and issuing state thing, we usually use our drivers license or state ID card). A passport works fine. Instead of state for the ID, I'd just put UK since it's issued by the country not the state. POstal code is the same as Zip code.

You send the form to the inmate, the mailroom will take it out and send it over to the visiting office.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:06 PM

Thanks Qwerty,you have been a great help,I will get it sent off first thing tomorrow.I suppose once I get the first visit out of the way it will be ok,im just nervous.If I think of anything else....& im sure I will,I will get in touch,theres nothing I can do till i get the go ahead to visit so I hope I hear back soon

Take care
Tracy