Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > PRISON PEN PALS > Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk General talk about prison pen-pals. Please do not place ads in this forum!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2019, 03:17 PM

Default Advice on speaking with new pen pal?

I have never done this kind of thing before and today I made contact with a female inmate. To my surprise she has replied back and seems happy that I had reached out to her with words of encouragement.

My first question is - what is a good healthy reply rate? I do not want to cause her any anxiety thinking I am ignoring her as it would put a lot of stress on her, and I also on the other side of the coin do not want to seem overbearing. Should I respond every couple of days? My goals are to create a healthy friendship that we can build on.

She asked my motivations for reaching out -- the truth is I have never been in direct contact with someone who has done really bad things before and I think everyone has good in them so I wanted to expand my horizons. On the other side of the coin, it is quite exciting to have this direct contact.

Any advice that you think I could benefit from? Again - thank you a lot for reading and taking your time.

Lightning.
Sponsored Links