Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > CLINTON HUB - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CLINTON HUB - NY DOC New York State Prisons & Institutions located in the CLINTON HUB - Chateaugay, Altona, Bare Hill, Franklin, Lyon Mt., Clinton, Gabriels, Adirondack, Upstate.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:43 PM

Default In SHU at Upstate, will they release him from there?

Hello everyone I have another question. My husband is at Upstate serving his time in SHU. Now I don’t know if any good time was taken away and he is supposed to be released this year in June. He did appeal the ticket and I don’t know the results. My husband sent me a card telling me he want to let me know that he appreciate me and the things I do and no matter even if the situation changes in the relationship he still love me and thanks me what ever that means. Is he giving up in our marriage?? But my question is that if he gets out the box sooner will he go to another facility till his parole date if he still gets it or will they release him from there? Can anyone help with those answers..thank you in advance..

Last edited by 4_U_2_Envie; 01-12-2018 at 08:15 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2018, 05:05 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,964 Times in 956 Posts

Hello - I don't think he's giving up on your marriage; to me it sounds as though he's trying to tell you he appreciates you still being there during this hard time (him being in and out of the SHU and risking his release in June) - it's more like he's saying he understands if you're about to have enough of this behavior Anyway, that's just how I read that, could be just my view.

When it comes to your questions about his situation and whether he'll get transferred to another facility should he be released from the SHU early....I am sorry, I wouldn't be able to respond to that. Hopefully someone familiar with NY will be able to tell you, although I think this might just be the case of wait & see. You don't know yet if his good time was taken away; maybe just try and patiently wait for now what the outcome of the ticket is...and take it from there? Hopefully you will find out in a few weeks
Hang in there!
Old 01-13-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Hello - I don't think he's giving up on your marriage; to me it sounds as though he's trying to tell you he appreciates you still being there during this hard time (him being in and out of the SHU and risking his release in June) - it's more like he's saying he understands if you're about to have enough of this behavior Anyway, that's just how I read that, could be just my view.

When it comes to your questions about his situation and whether he'll get transferred to another facility should he be released from the SHU early....I am sorry, I wouldn't be able to respond to that. Hopefully someone familiar with NY will be able to tell you, although I think this might just be the case of wait & see. You don't know yet if his good time was taken away; maybe just try and patiently wait for now what the outcome of the ticket is...and take it from there? Hopefully you will find out in a few weeks
Hang in there!

Thank you so much for helping me understand with the first question I appreciate it I was freaking out in that I can see his point but he should know i ainít going anywhere I tell him all the time I love him and I am here for him.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4_U_2_Envie For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-13-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 06:55 AM

It will depend on his classification - If he is only a medium, they will not keep him at Upstate. Upstate is a max. And when they are usually released from the SHU, they prefer them to be moved to another facility.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevaEndNoWorry View Post
It will depend on his classification - If he is only a medium, they will not keep him at Upstate. Upstate is a max. And when they are usually released from the SHU, they prefer them to be moved to another facility.

Well he was at Eastern at first for awhile then something happened then he went to Clinton then to Upstate then back again then now he is at Upstate again doing SHU. I spoke to him in Jan 4 and he told me that he wonít be able to call again till March. He is up for parole in June but before all this he had not had any ticket while he was incarcerated up till now but in any event. He hasnít seen TAC yet to see if they are gonna take any good time away. If they were gonna take any time would they have done so already?? He got his pre release papers and filled them out so I guess it a waiting game .. so you are saying they will release him at a different facility? Not at Upstate??
Old 02-07-2018, 08:51 AM

Mine just left the SHU at Upstate and got moved to Clinton.. I don't think ive heard of them being released into general there.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevaEndNoWorry View Post
Mine just left the SHU at Upstate and got moved to Clinton.. I don't think ive heard of them being released into general there.

Mine is supposedly there till June unless they decrease it due to good time I donít know how that works but my husband had it before but anyway if he gets paroled on his date and he is there till June where will they release him then at Upstate?