Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:16 PM

Default Caller ID block

Hello.
Forgive me if this has been posted already but I'm really stuck. I hooked up my phone differently after moving things around and now my LO can't call me because of something to do with the caller ID blocking it. Has anyone had this issue? What do I do? Also is there a way to transfer money from one phone line account to a different one. He uses the connect network for phone calls. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbowlchicka View Post
Hello.

Forgive me if this has been posted already but I'm really stuck. I hooked up my phone differently after moving things around and now my LO can't call me because of something to do with the caller ID blocking it. Has anyone had this issue? What do I do? Also is there a way to transfer money from one phone line account to a different one. He uses the connect network for phone calls. Thanks!
GTL right? As far as moving the money from one acct to another- ive had to do that ONCE (and hopefully NEVER again cuz it was some BULLSHIT for real smh) but anyway- if i remember correctly what the GTL rep told me was that you can change the phone number on your account ONCE (like in your lifetime) but if youve already done it once then you have to cancel the account with the money on it and then open a different account (with new money) and THEN you can have the money from the closed account refunded back to you "which takes 30 business days".
Old 01-12-2019, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,810 Times in 2,913 Posts

What exactly do you mean you "hooked up my phone differently after moving things around"?
Old 01-13-2019, 05:56 PM

Hi Sbowlchicka,
Is it possible that your phone may be blocking the calls ? Try going into your phone app and make sure that number hasn't been blocked. Google your phone and how to unblock numbers. My friend had done this by accident. Seems she was in a meeting and her LO called 3 times because she rejected the calls, it automatically sent it to block all calls from that number.

Good luck, I hope it's a simple fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus&BugsMom For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-14-2019)