Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:23 AM
Hopelessly Devoted To Him

Default No visit today 😤

Hubby’s visit day is today, however, two days ago he informed me they were cancelled due to broken elevators, tried calling the facility to find out and no response, I mean it’s 1 hour per week that we get to see each other for crying out loud, this is such BS !!! 😡🤬
Old 01-16-2019, 09:40 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,807 Times in 15,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeswife419 View Post
Hubby’s visit day is today, however, two days ago he informed me they were cancelled due to broken elevators, tried calling the facility to find out and no response, I mean it’s 1 hour per week that we get to see each other for crying out loud, this is such BS !!! ����
I understanding its very disappointing that visits are cancelled.....but if you get 1 hour per week you're really quite lucky, at least compared to some. My Mr & I have done a number of years with no visits. None. Zip. Nada. Zilch I'd have given most anything for even 1 (1) hour visit per year.

Even though visit is cancelled for today, sometimes it helps to put things in perspective - half full as opposed to half empty

Hopefully you can see him next week....

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Itshardtowait (01-18-2019), jaeswife419 (01-16-2019), KiwiPP (01-16-2019), LifeTraveler (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I understanding its very disappointing that visits are cancelled.....but if you get 1 hour per week you're really quite lucky, at least compared to some. My Mr & I have done a number of years with no visits. None. Zip. Nada. Zilch I'd have given most anything for even 1 (1) hour visit per year.

Even though visit is cancelled for today, sometimes it helps to put things in perspective - half full as opposed to half empty

omggg I’m sooo sorry I never knew that was possible to not have visits that long and in your case and those who are in similar situations, yes, I agree I am lucky but may I ask why no visit(s) ? You’re sooo strong !
patchouli (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 10:09 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,223 Times in 14,694 Posts

It was similar with my hub due to how far away he was.
At least it was better than when he went from county to prison. zero phone calls. Only managed 2-3 visits while he was in reception, but once moved to his *home* prison?
Think I got like 2 visits in, in a almost 5 yr time frame.
So yeah.....

(could never get an appt while he was in reception. soooooooooo hard especially since he was only like 40 min away from me. Once he moved it was like a 6 hr drive one way )

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
jaeswife419 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
It was similar with my hub due to how far away he was.
At least it was better than when he went from county to prison. zero phone calls. Only managed 2-3 visits while he was in reception, but once moved to his *home* prison?
Think I got like 2 visits in, in a almost 5 yr time frame.
So yeah.....

(could never get an appt while he was in reception. soooooooooo hard especially since he was only like 40 min away from me. Once he moved it was like a 6 hr drive one way )
I’m sooo sorry sidewalker
I don’t wanna get used to this 😢
Old 01-16-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Hubby’s visit day is today, however, two days ago he informed me they were cancelled due to broken elevators, tried calling the facility to find out and no response, I mean it’s 1 hour per week that we get to see each other for crying out loud, this is such BS !!! 😡🤬
Is he still in a county jail? I thought all federal prisons (unless on lockdown) had at least two full days on the weekends plus holidays for visits. If he's still in county and has not gone to a home prison keep in mind the BOP "says" within 500 miles from home but even 500 miles can be more than an 8 hour drive... one way. This, and other reasons, is why you hear people talk about so long between visits... even if they can. I know when my husband is placed it will be difficult to make sure I get him money that he needs AND spend the money on gas for visits let alone if it's too far to do it in one day and have to pay for housing overnight. You have to learn to communicate in other manners.
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
jaeswife419 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl22472 View Post
Is he still in a county jail? I thought all federal prisons (unless on lockdown) had at least two full days on the weekends plus holidays for visits. If he's still in county and has not gone to a home prison keep in mind the BOP "says" within 500 miles from home but even 500 miles can be more than an 8 hour drive... one way. This, and other reasons, is why you hear people talk about so long between visits... even if they can. I know when my husband is placed it will be difficult to make sure I get him money that he needs AND spend the money on gas for visits let alone if it's too far to do it in one day and have to pay for housing overnight. You have to learn to communicate in other manners.
girl22472 He’s in federal prison in NYC which is considered an “administrative detention facility in Manhattan, New York which holds male and female prisoners of all security levels. It is operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, a division of the United States Department of Justice. Most prisoners held at MCC New York have pending cases in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. MCC New York also holds prisoners serving brief sentences.[1]
The Los Angeles Times stated that the prison is often referred to as the "Guantanamo of New York",[2] and The New York Times stated that its administrative segregation units had severe security measures.[3] (I copied and pasted that info from wikipedia) While he’s been there it’s only 1 visit day for 1 hour unless you come from another state or country and the person being visited requests permission for a longer visit and is approved but yes, I hear you and empathize with your situation as well 😔
patchouli (01-16-2019), sidewalker (01-18-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 12:04 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,936 Times in 12,159 Posts

The FDC and MDC prisons restrict visits to the immediate family members of holdover prisoners. I was in Miami and Philadelphia, and the visits were reasonable, sitting together at a table in a large visiting room.

Folks who are unlucky enough to be housed in the security housing unit had extremely limited non contact visits.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:01 PM

Thanked 2,916 Times in 1,381 Posts

They are having a hunger strike there due to the visits being canceled.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-16-2019), jaeswife419 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
The FDC and MDC prisons restrict visits to the immediate family members of holdover prisoners. I was in Miami and Philadelphia, and the visits were reasonable, sitting together at a table in a large visiting room.

Folks who are unlucky enough to be housed in the security housing unit had extremely limited non contact visits.
fbopnomore, we’ve always been able to visit w/o any issues, I just think this is happening because of the government shutdown 🙄
fbopnomore (01-16-2019), patchouli (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
They are having a hunger strike there due to the visits being canceled.
onedayatatime13 It’s heartbreaking to know that on a daily basis they go hungry due to the garbage that’s served, imagine how much more so now, right ? 😢
Old 01-16-2019, 08:59 PM

Thanked 2,916 Times in 1,381 Posts

Quote:
onedayatatime13 It’s heartbreaking to know that on a daily basis they go hungry due to the garbage that’s served, imagine how much more so now, right ? 😢
No it is a protest in response to the no visits

Old 01-17-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post

Totally I have not seen my hubby in over a year now
Old 01-17-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl22472 View Post
Yeah good luck with that mine is 2000 miles from where I live
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to upsetspouse For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-17-2019), His_Queen13 (01-18-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsetspouse View Post
Totally I have not seen my hubby in over a year now
upsetspouse I’m so sorry 😕
Old 01-17-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
upsetspouse I’m so sorry
Thank you but it is what it is I can't change it. So I deal with it
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to upsetspouse For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-18-2019), Itshardtowait (01-18-2019), jaeswife419 (01-18-2019), patchouli (01-17-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 01:36 AM

My son is in Fed also 1,800 miles away, I haven’t spoken to him or gotten a letter since Oct 18th, I’m loosing my mind

OWL
Old 01-18-2019, 08:14 AM

Thanked 1,458 Times in 738 Posts

My husband in a Fed Camp just told me that the head of the Prison Guard Union was on CNN yesterday (I watch CNN all the time and must've missed it) and said that due to the shutdown some facilities are starting to close visiting.

My husband mentioned it to one of the COs where he is because I'm leaving for my last visit for the weekend today and the the CO said for now no need to worry (at least for this weekend) because so far they have had very good attendance there. But who knows for February what things will be like?

I'm sure as these guys go without being paid and need money they will start to use sick pay to work other jobs.

Also, at this camp some of them live in houses that are adjacent to the facility so they don't have those same expenses as some other people. Not sure if housing is provided for CO's at other facilities. Or maybe they give them a housing stipend of some sort.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
jaeswife419 (01-18-2019), patchouli (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 10:28 AM
Полезный дурак

Please forgive my intrusion into this sub - forum as this is not my system[s] involved. But, I am feeling down about visits today .

It is an overseas system but my brother is 9000 km away from me . And if he keeps messing up and increasing his security, he will be allowed only 1 closed visit of 3 hours for the year .

There are guys already in that situation there and their family can’t make the distance [ within the same country though ] due to cost and time . So , some guys don’t get a visit for years . And it is a stinking visit behind glass !!

So , I remind myself about this, when I feel blue . My block of visits w my husband got canceled cause they are on lockdown again . . they just got off one 10 days ago . .

Dealing w prison systems means to expect the unexpected. We plan, the system laughs. Big hugs to all .

Last edited by Ne Plach’; 01-18-2019 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Clarification
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ne Plach’ For This Useful Post:
BearsLadyBear (01-20-2019), fbopnomore (01-18-2019), jaeswife419 (01-18-2019), KiwiPP (01-18-2019), patchouli (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshardtowait View Post
My son is in Fed also 1,800 miles away, I haven’t spoken to him or gotten a letter since Oct 18th, I’m loosing my mind
I’m sooo sorry, I do hope you hear from him soon.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
My husband in a Fed Camp just told me that the head of the Prison Guard Union was on CNN yesterday (I watch CNN all the time and must've missed it) and said that due to the shutdown some facilities are starting to close visiting.

My husband mentioned it to one of the COs where he is because I'm leaving for my last visit for the weekend today and the the CO said for now no need to worry (at least for this weekend) because so far they have had very good attendance there. But who knows for February what things will be like?

I'm sure as these guys go without being paid and need money they will start to use sick pay to work other jobs.

Also, at this camp some of them live in houses that are adjacent to the facility so they don't have those same expenses as some other people. Not sure if housing is provided for CO's at other facilities. Or maybe they give them a housing stipend of some sort.
thanks for that information, it’s what I’m figuring too 😕
Old 01-18-2019, 11:50 PM

I’m not sure if it’s Brooklyn or NY, but you have several very high profile people waiting for trial over there. It’s probably policy to lockdown for any movement to/from court for them. Just a thought. My husband is 2400 miles from home. We tease that they would send him to Guantanamo if they could, just to get him further. I guess I should be thankful Alcatraz is closed. I’ve definitely improved my writing skills over the years. Hope you get to visit again soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to His_Queen13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-19-2019), jaeswife419 (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by His_Queen13 View Post
I’m not sure if it’s Brooklyn or NY, but you have several very high profile people waiting for trial over there. It’s probably policy to lockdown for any movement to/from court for them. Just a thought. My husband is 2400 miles from home. We tease that they would send him to Guantanamo if they could, just to get him further. I guess I should be thankful Alcatraz is closed. I’ve definitely improved my writing skills over the years. Hope you get to visit again soon.
Yes, El Chapo is one of them whom we know is in the same facility my spouse is in and yes whenever he’s in court the entire prison is locked down.
Thank you for the well wish and I’m sorry to read your husband is so far away 😔
Living in NY all my life, I never learned how to drive ... never needed to ... it may be time to learn now 😕