Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Legal Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Legal Information Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of New York. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 01-17-2019, 02:57 PM

Default How do I help him get Willard or an ATI program instead of prison?

I dont know how this works..im just trying to get some suggestions or talk to people in similar situation...My husband is a Cat 1 he violated his parole in New York for a failed drug test and then not reporting...they offered him 15 months..he refused how do i help him get willard or an ATI program ??? Public defender says its not possible but i know it is
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2019, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,818 Times in 11,076 Posts

He has to do it, by behaving, by convincing them that he's seeing the error of his ways. You have no input here.....just one of the things you have no control over in the prison system.
Ms Sunny (01-17-2019), patchouli (01-17-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 12:46 PM

Thank u for your reply...I know he has to do it..he does behave and has not been in anykind of trouble other than failed drug test for Marajuana and then Abscounding...he missed his report date because he was afraid of being sent back to prision..which looks like whats going to happen...his Public Defender keeps saying all he can do is to make the judge belive he deserves a program or the 90 day ATI but he dosent know how? His public defender wont come talk to him wont anwser any of our calls..his father grandmother otjer family and friends are willing to give support to him but how do we get to the jusge ? How do we get public defender to fight for him ?
Old 01-21-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviemay68joseph View Post
Thank u for your reply...I know he has to do it..he does behave and has not been in anykind of trouble other than failed drug test for Marajuana and then Abscounding...he missed his report date because he was afraid of being sent back to prision..which looks like whats going to happen...his Public Defender keeps saying all he can do is to make the judge belive he deserves a program or the 90 day ATI but he dosent know how? His public defender wont come talk to him wont anwser any of our calls..his father grandmother otjer family and friends are willing to give support to him but how do we get to the jusge ? How do we get public defender to fight for him ?
He has to speak for himself. He can tell his lawyer he would like Willard but there is no fighting for it. His lawyer told him correct information and doesnít represent you, so donít have any expectations of calls.
You say he has behaved, yet he absconded parole? Do not rationalize, he truly has to convince a judge that he is worth giving a second chance.
Itís all him. He has to make the judge believe. Thatís all there is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
nimuay (01-21-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 07:36 PM

Thanked 2,949 Times in 1,389 Posts

His actions while I county will speak volumes. If he needs GED, get in a program. If they offer, NA go there. If he can work, get a job inside. No fights, no bs etc.

That will help if he talks to his lawyer because his behavior inside will speak to the judge as well.