Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:10 AM
Donation Award 

Question Plain white paper? Does this mean that it can not be lined paper?

Hi
I email my pen pal on Jpay, and i havn't heard from him for about a week, well yesterday a Jpay came through from him , but it was not him ,he had given a friend his details for Jpay so he could send me a message to say he had been put in the hole , he would be in there quite a long time and could i write to him ( i am in England) but when i write to him could i write on plain white paper ,So does this mean that it can not be lined paper? sorry i am a bit thick but just don't want to get it wrong lol
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,975 Times in 1,694 Posts

Try "Jmail" to write a letter, that is a bit faster, I've been using that forever:
https://jmail.cc/pub/login
Sarianna (01-15-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 08:18 AM
Donation Award 

I do use jpay in my post i said that he has been put in the hole so could i write a letter to him as he will not be able to access Jpay all i need to know is he said to write on white paper I was asking if it could be lined or not
Old 01-14-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker8ell55 View Post
I do use jpay in my post i said that he has been put in the hole so could i write a letter to him as he will not be able to access Jpay all i need to know is he said to write on white paper I was asking if it could be lined or not
I have written on both. Black or blue ink pens. No gel pens or colored ink/pencils
Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
I have written on both. Black or blue ink pens. No gel pens or colored ink/pencils
Thankyou
Old 01-14-2019, 09:22 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,860 Times in 15,590 Posts

As long as the paper is white, it doesn't matter if it has lines or not. It just can't be colored paper or have a border, etc.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Donation Award 

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinker8ell55 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 20,253 Times in 7,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Try "Jmail" to write a letter, that is a bit faster, I've been using that forever:
https://jmail.cc/pub/login
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker8ell55 View Post
I think Mizzy suggested Jmail because it's a different type of service than Jpay. You send your message through Jmail, they print and mail it from within the US. That way, it saves the overseas mailing time. It's not an electronic service for your friend, he will receive a printed version of the letter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-14-2019), Sarianna (01-15-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I think Mizzy suggested Jmail because it's a different type of service than Jpay. You send your message through Jmail, they print and mail it from within the US. That way, it saves the overseas mailing time. It's not an electronic service for your friend, he will receive a printed version of the letter.

Thanks for clarifying this. I didn't know there was a service like it. I have been having a hard time mailing letters to my son. When he was in county we could use emails but now he's in federal and we can't. (I don't know if he's not allowed or if he thinks it's too expensive since he now would have to pay for the computer time instead of just the fee.) I write him letters and then tend to carry them around for several days without being able to mail them. I'm not sure why that is... Just one more hang up I've developed through out this process. So I'm glad to find a way that I can essentially email him and be done with it rather than feel guilty that I haven't mailed it - which, of course, makes it even harder to do.