Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 1 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 1 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Gadsden Re-Entry Center, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex, Holmes CI Jackson CI Jefferson CI Liberty CI NWFRC NWFRC Annex Okaloosa CI Quincy Annex Santa Rosa CI Santa Rosa Annex Wakulla CI Wakulla CI Annex Walton CI

Old 01-11-2019, 07:55 AM

Default Santa Rosa Work Camp

Hi everyone,

My fiance was just transferred to the Santa Rosa Work Camp. Can anyone tell me what their experience was with that camp? What is visitation like, and what are the hours? Also, how quickly do the phones get set up? I was speaking to him when he was in reception, but he hasn't called me so I'm assuming there needs to be another phone setup process. Also, does he just get assigned a job? What times are the phones on and off?

Sorry for the lengthy questions. I just want to make sure I understand as much as possible.

Also, out of curiosity. Do work camps have chaplains? Are marriages allowed there?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2019, 11:59 AM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmariex33 View Post
Hi everyone,

My fiance was just transferred to the Santa Rosa Work Camp. Can anyone tell me what their experience was with that camp? What is visitation like, and what are the hours? Also, how quickly do the phones get set up? I was speaking to him when he was in reception, but he hasn't called me so I'm assuming there needs to be another phone setup process. Also, does he just get assigned a job? What times are the phones on and off?

Sorry for the lengthy questions. I just want to make sure I understand as much as possible.

Also, out of curiosity. Do work camps have chaplains? Are marriages allowed there?
well visitation is like every other florida prison per the FDOC website. so Saturday and sunday (unless they post on the FDOC site they lost them for that weekend) and its 8am to 2pm CST

not sure about the rest but you need to fill out a visitation form and get it emailed or mailed to them for them to start processing it. you cant go until they approve you and it takes up to 30 days to do.

phones as long as they were approved at RMC you should be good to go, it follows him there.. okaloosas phones dont turn on until 3pm cst and shut off at 10pm cst. I dont know if santa rosa does that as well.

one day closer

Old 01-11-2019, 01:12 PM

Thank you for the reply. Classification made it seem like he would have to go through the whole phone process again. So I resent a copy of my phone bill. Any idea how the work camp operates? Is it just them waking up and working a job that’s assigned to them and then them going back to their pods? How quickly can he apply for a transfer to a location closer?
Old 01-11-2019, 05:16 PM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

not exactly sure how they work at a work camp. my man is currently trying to get transferred over to the one across the yard from where he is now.. the only thing they have to wait for regarding phones again is the voice recognition part of it, he had to reset his up and it took a couple days.. the transfer thing youd have to ask his classification officer about or maybe someone here can answer that. I think there is specific criteria they have to meet in order to transfer but I could be wrong

one day closer