Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:06 PM

Default So, How long will he be in prison, really?

Hello all. New here and have a lot of questions- hoping I'm in the correct area.

My son was moved from LMDC to Roederer. This Monday, it will have been a year since he was arrested. Sentenced November.

He signed for five years - whatever that means? I know I cant visit for 60 days and he is being classified and assessed. That's about all I know. - Not very versed in these things. He took a deal to sign for those five years, I'm wondering if he has to serve all of that? I'm so confused.

Any insights?

Thanks, I hope everyone is doing well

LONG not LOG in title sigh... Im a mess.

Last edited by wishing4wade; 02-15-2018 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: spelling mistakes
The Following User Says Thank You to wishing4wade For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-15-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2018, 06:53 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,937 Times in 15,109 Posts

If he's a first time offender and his felony is a Class D, he'll be eligible for parole after serving 15% of that 5 years. Parole is not guaranteed. He has to work for it by not getting any write-ups, taking classes / programs and working.

If parole is denied, the Parole Board will tell him how long it will be before they'll consider him for parole again.

Welcome to PTO

EDIT: His parole eligibility date will be listed on Ky DOC Kool (Offender Lookup). You can also register for VINE on that page:

https://corrections.ky.gov/community...ages/KOOL.aspx

Oh! He'll see the Board or have a File Review 60 days before his parole eligiblity date.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=46847

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 02-15-2018 at 06:58 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
wishing4wade (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 07:06 PM

Thank You!

I guess his time before his sentence doesn't count? Maybe I should try not to focus on it all. Im still in some form of denial. Thanks so much for your reply and info. I bet you know exactly how grateful I am! <3
Old 02-15-2018, 07:33 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,937 Times in 15,109 Posts

He should get credit for the time he served in county jail from arrest to sentencing (or arrest until he was bailed out). The Judge issues the credited days at the time of sentencing and should be in your son's sentencing paperwork.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
wishing4wade (02-15-2018)