Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

View Poll Results: How many current members are affected by the Federal Prison System
Affected in some way by the Federal Prison System 2,043 97.89%
Not affected by the Federal Prison System 44 2.11%
Voters: 2087. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2018, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Kissher3 View Post
Hi everyone, My name is Kristie & my fiancť is in FCI Elkton. I have not heard from him in 4 days now. He never goes more than 12 hours with out phone or email. Does anyone know if they are on lockdown or should I be thinking he maybe in the hole. Thank you

I wouldn't worry too much. Quite a number of things can happen in the course of a day "inside", none of which is physically threatening to a prisoner. I spent over 4 years at FCI Loretto and knew guys that had been through or come from Elkton. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying. He'll call when he can. I don't know about Elkton at the moment.

I wish you and him the best.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2018, 05:33 AM

Thank you for your response. He has done a lot of time. I know he gets busy. I’m glad you are out and home you never have to go back. He has about a year and 1/2 left after being in for 10 yrs. hey please
Old 01-13-2018, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by uncertainfuture View Post
Going soon to federal. Never been in trouble. Scared. My family is scared.
I am in the same position.. Do you have any updated information
Old 01-13-2018, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by DeniseDG View Post
I am in the same position.. Do you have any updated information
Hi DeniseDG, yes I do... my man was quarantined. They did not allow him to let me know but was allowed to fill out a paper so that if I had called they could tell me... he just got back to his cubby & called me... I didnít call, I really donít have an excuse for why I didnít... I just didnít want to add to the situation if he was in trouble... thank god he wasnít....
I am sorry that you are in the same position... I would call there or I capsule ask my man to ask around & see whatís up.... let me know, Iím always willing to help... I donít like the not knowing feeling.... keep your head up & I hope it all works out...
Old 03-10-2018, 06:08 PM

So...hi. I'm new here, sort of. Had a son in Oregon state for a few years, but that was 10 years ago. Never, never thought I'd be here again, and esp. not with boy # 2, and federal on top of that. He was given 10 years, they took him from the county jail yesterday to go to Oklahoma? Would anyone here mind giving me an idea of what's next, how long before we might hear from him and any suggestions on how best to help meet his needs? Thanks
Old 03-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,391 Times in 10,911 Posts

If Oklahoma City will be his first federal prison, he may be there for some time. He will have to be designated to his home prison by the unit in Grand Prairie, TX.

I had already been designated, and was on my way there when I landed in OK City. I stayed there for 6 weeks, but others moved more quickly. He will not have commissary access there. Because we couldn't purchase mailing supplies, we were allowed to send up to 3 "indigent" letters per week.

I have read on PTO that the phone policy has changed there. When I was there, all calls had to be made collect. I think they have switched to the bop inmate telephone system, so he will have to provide a list of all phone numbers he will be allowed to call to his counselor. After they are approved and entered into the computer, and he has received his 9 digit phone pin # in the mail, he can call the numbers collect if those phones can accept collect calls. He can also use the phone and his pin # to transfer money from his inmate/commissary account to his ITS phone account to purchase prepaid phone minutes. Local calls cost him 6 cents/min and long distance calls cost 21 cents/min. He gets 300 phone minutes per month with no carryover of unused minutes.

The only commissary that was available when I was there was to purchase a very few snack items, but only with the money earned in OK City. It took 2 weeks to be assigned a job, and we were paid on one day of the month. I earned a total of about $4.00.

If he will be paying for either telephone or possibly even email, he will need money on his inmate account. Any money in the account will follow him to every bop owned prison. Here's how to send him money:
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
mommatrip (03-11-2018)