Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:47 PM

Default When will he get a TPM on a 5-year sentence for a nonviolent crime?

Can someone tell me how much time will my loved one have to serve on a 5-year nonviolent crime he done serve 22 months do you know when they will might give him a TPM
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2018, 06:33 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,240 Times in 14,020 Posts

Hi Tata079, I've moved your post & given you your own thread I'm not from Georgia, so I can't answer your question.....but hopefully another member from Georgia will be along to help ya out.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tata079 View Post
Can someone tell me how much time will my loved one have to serve on a 5-year nonviolent crime he done serve 22 months do you know when they will might give him a TPM
Hi Tata079,
He should get his TPM at or after his PED. There might be a few months delay based on the Parole Board's caseload. Given that most nonviolent offenders have their PED before 1/3 of their sentence (20 months) I am guessing your loved one should have his TPM soon. Have you tried calling the Parole Board? It's very frustrating, I know first hand, but if you are persistent you might get hold of someone that can help. While you are working the phones on the outside you can also get your loved one to talk to his consular and see they have any information. Keep checking the Parole Board website to see if your loved one's TPM has been assigned. The rule is that they are supposed to notify the inmate of the TPM first, but sometimes that's not what happens.

Hang in there.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:21 AM

Default How much you do off 5 years

Okay I called yesterday and. First thing I was trying to find out was did the 2017 grid sheet go for him. She told me no and how much time did he have to do even though he had prior drug charges and she told me at least one third and she also told me that where he is it takes up to 6 months before he even get a TPM but I have seen people get them way earlier then 6 months. It's kind of like I'm over it now because I don't want to keep calling and aggravating them but then again I'm ready for him to come home because we have two little girls and is so hard. It seemed as though they say one third but they do what they want to do so all together. He's been in prison for 22 months and his sentence was five years. Thank you so much for the response I never thought I would get one
Old 01-24-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K6770 View Post
Hi Tata079,
He should get his TPM at or after his PED. There might be a few months delay based on the Parole Board's caseload. Given that most nonviolent offenders have their PED before 1/3 of their sentence (20 months) I am guessing your loved one should have his TPM soon. Have you tried calling the Parole Board? It's very frustrating, I know first hand, but if you are persistent you might get hold of someone that can help. While you are working the phones on the outside you can also get your loved one to talk to his consular and see they have any information. Keep checking the Parole Board website to see if your loved one's TPM has been assigned. The rule is that they are supposed to notify the inmate of the TPM first, but sometimes that's not what happens.

Hang in there.
After I wrote you that whole paragraph I went back on there to check his TPM and it says July 2018 but I do not know how to check a p e d what is that if you can help me thank you to let me know where to go to check it
Old 01-24-2018, 07:07 AM

Great! You don’t have to worry any more about the PED now that he has TPM. Just encourage your LO to keep up the good work inside and he should be home this Summer. The Board will carry out a final review of his file in July. Now you also need to know that it might be mid or late August before his release. This is due to the final review and paper work that has to be moved around the system. Hopefully he will be home in July or early August, but I just want you both to be prepared. If he is paroling home to you, the local DCS official will call you a few weeks before his release and then you will know you’re on the home stretch!

Getting a TPM is a big step in the process. Take that good news in for bit and just keep doing what you’re doing. The last few weeks before his release are going to be pretty stressful, but just keep posting here if it gets too much to bare. People will reply.