Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1526  
Old 04-27-2018, 07:03 PM
WorriedMom49 WorriedMom49 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmerritt0606 View Post
Aw ok that makes more sense do you know how many days he served or what he was given as a trustee just trying to get an estimate thanks for always responding
My son saw his counselor or whatever person is in charge of the immates in regards to telling them their actual release dates, etc. He was told because he is a trustee, he will be getting out one month earlier than his actual release date. He was told as a trustee, he gets 6 days off his sentence for every 30 days of his actual release date. So, I suppose you can do the math on your significant others sentence, if he is in LA County and is an AB109. Hope this information helps.

Last edited by WorriedMom49; 04-27-2018 at 07:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #1527  
Old 05-16-2018, 12:05 PM
dmerritt0606 dmerritt0606 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Los Angeles County USA
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu6 View Post
My fiancť got 4 months credit taken off.
Hi quick question was he released before 1/2/18 or on that date, my husband has a prd of 11/3/18 doing 50% of 16 mos with 50 days credit. He is in a trustee dorm at wayside he has been there since april 11th no change to his prd at all yet but they tell him he should get atleast 2 months off just waiting and checking every day
Reply With Quote
  #1528  
Old 05-21-2018, 09:57 AM
Gina1517 Gina1517 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Los angeles California
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Release date

Hi, my brother was arrested late October 2017 felony possession of a controlled substance, he was sentenced to 720 days at 50% with his credits, his projected release date was August 2018 he was a trustee at a station then was moved to pitchess and his release date was still August 2018, 2 weeks ago he was moved to a live in rehab facility in LA county and his projected release date is now September 2018.
Why did his PRD change ?
Is there a chance he will be out early now that he is in that facility?
Does anyone have any family members that were transferred to a live in facility?
Reply With Quote
  #1529  
Old 05-25-2018, 04:08 PM
dmerritt0606 dmerritt0606 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Los Angeles County USA
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorriedMom49 View Post
My son saw his counselor or whatever person is in charge of the immates in regards to telling them their actual release dates, etc. He was told because he is a trustee, he will be getting out one month earlier than his actual release date. He was told as a trustee, he gets 6 days off his sentence for every 30 days of his actual release date. So, I suppose you can do the math on your significant others sentence, if he is in LA County and is an AB109. Hope this information helps.
Hi i hope all is well with your son and thank you for replying to me i know you said your son has to serve 5 months of the 16 is this because he is a trustee? If you donít mind me asking what is his prd and day he was arrested my husband has 16 months as well and has to do half with his credit he has about 6 months left his prd is 11/3 i am just trying to figure out how much time he will get off being a working trustee they said 6 off every 30 i donít understand if itís off every 30 of the whole sentence or just off the time he has left since heís been working his release date has not updated yet
Reply With Quote
  #1530  
Old 05-28-2018, 10:15 AM
malvarado malvarado is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: California Los Angeles
Posts: 3
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Help with question

Hello,
Iím new here! I have a question hope someone can help me☹️
My husband was sentenced to 270 days in Jail!i am really worried he has a health issue. My question is will he serve all those days in there?
He is in the twin towers Los Angeles. Some people have told me they do half the time but Iím not sure. They are giving him his meds so it makes me feel good but still worried about him being in there for all those days.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #1531  
Old 05-28-2018, 01:40 PM
WorriedMom49 WorriedMom49 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina1517 View Post
Hi, my brother was arrested late October 2017 felony possession of a controlled substance, he was sentenced to 720 days at 50% with his credits, his projected release date was August 2018 he was a trustee at a station then was moved to pitchess and his release date was still August 2018, 2 weeks ago he was moved to a live in rehab facility in LA county and his projected release date is now September 2018.
Why did his PRD change ?
Is there a chance he will be out early now that he is in that facility?
Does anyone have any family members that were transferred to a live in facility?
Hi Gina1517
In regards to your brothers situation, I am not sure how that works. It sounds like part of his conditions from the courts are, that he stay in a program. He would be able to tell you how long he is required to be in the program. I am surprised he was not told at his court hearing, that he would be required to complete a program. I know my son was told prior to this time being incarcerated, that he was going to have to complete a one year program. I hope someone will come along and give you more information than I have provided. Best of luck to you and your brother.
Reply With Quote
  #1532  
Old 05-28-2018, 01:49 PM
WorriedMom49 WorriedMom49 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvarado View Post
Hello,
Iím new here! I have a question hope someone can help me☹️
My husband was sentenced to 270 days in Jail!i am really worried he has a health issue. My question is will he serve all those days in there?
He is in the twin towers Los Angeles. Some people have told me they do half the time but Iím not sure. They are giving him his meds so it makes me feel good but still worried about him being in there for all those days.
Thank you!
Hi malvarado,
I am no expert here but, there are various factors that can play a part in your husband getting out before his actual release date. Such as; is your husband in a trustee tank, is he an AB109? It is not always a guarantee they will get out before their release date but, yes most do. Again, it all depends on each individuals circumstance. I hope someone else can help shed some light on your situation. You can always pm me if you have more questions. At least your hubby is being taken care of and being given his meds. That is important. Stay strong.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WorriedMom49 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-29-2018)
  #1533  
Old 05-28-2018, 08:39 PM
malvarado malvarado is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: California Los Angeles
Posts: 3
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorriedMom49 View Post
Hi malvarado,
I am no expert here but, there are various factors that can play a part in your husband getting out before his actual release date. Such as; is your husband in a trustee tank, is he an AB109? It is not always a guarantee they will get out before their release date but, yes most do. Again, it all depends on each individuals circumstance. I hope someone else can help shed some light on your situation. You can always pm me if you have more questions. At least your hubby is being taken care of and being given his meds. That is important. Stay strong.
Thank you for your response Iím not sure if his either of what you said!
All I know is his like an the medical side where they are giving him all his meds and stuff! His public defender told him he would more than likely be out within a week the most due to his medical condition but Iím not sure thatís the way itís going to go! Iím so overwhelmed and thinking of that release date they put. His crime is not violent or anything like that but it does say 270 days! Yes I agree his meds are important!! Hey hank you for your response!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malvarado For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-29-2018)
  #1534  
Old 05-29-2018, 07:23 PM
malvarado malvarado is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: California Los Angeles
Posts: 3
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Does anyone know how house arrest works?? Never have done this and I’m not sure, how it works! My husband was sentenced to 270 days in which in the system already seems to be less than the 270 days?? Does it mean he won’t do leas time!?? I asked the public defender to request house arrest but I’m not sure how that’s work and if it’s worth it? For the 270 days?? Hope someone can help! Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote
  #1535  
Old 06-12-2018, 12:59 PM
fifa3m fifa3m is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Current release percentage as of June 2018

Hi all, I'm going to share my experience at LA county jail this month. I was stressing out a lot and this forum helped me out to get an idea of when I might be released so I want to help others who are in a similar situation as me.

I had 120 days + 3 days for the fine for 3rd dui and my attorney advised me that I will spend no more than 4 days in jail. I spent four days in jail including processing in and out.

Here's what happened.
I surrendered at van nuys court on 6/8 friday at 10 am. I was at the court holding tank until 7 pm and got bussed down to IRC.
It was very packed and the processing took until 4 am saturday and I was put into another holding tank until 10 am.
Then I was transferred to nccf super max and got my bunk by 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
I spent my saturday, sunday, and monday afternoon and was called to be released at 5:30 pm monday right around dinner time.
I was brought back to IRC at 10:30 pm amd processed out at 1 am tuesday.
I did a total of 85 ish hours on 123 days sentence.

I see why people are saying misdemeanors with 180 days will be auto kick out. The jails were packed. When I was there in 2014, they weren't this packed. I saw so many people waiting to get their beds for nearly two days.

Since I wanted to see the situations in jail, I asked nearly everybody that I could.

Here's what's going on.

Misdemeanor non violent 1-90 days, you spend 2 days. Processing will take you a day to get your bed so don't expect to be booked and released. Have two days ready to spend. As fast as you get your bed, the earlier you will be out.
Misdemeanor non violent 91-180 days, you spend 3-4 days.
Misdemeanor non violent 180+, you will spend anywhere between 10-30%. When it becomes over 270, expect at least 30%

Misdemeanor violent, you will spend at least 10% if you're lucky and up to 30-35% on harsher sentences.

Felony violent and non violent, you will spend 50% no matter what. You might get released maybe a week or two sooner but don't get your hopes up too much.

50 percent of the inmates are waiting for court date, around 30 percent are serving felony sentences, 10 percent are waiting to be transferred to prison, and other 10 percent are in there for misdemeanors.

I would say it was okay except for the processing in part. It took way too long and the IRC was beyond trashed. Don't forget to set up a collect call account before going in. I didnt know about this before going in so i coudlnt call anyone.

I was only at security level four so I was housed at a safer dorm. Everyone was nice and and it wasn't what i thought it to be. Just sleep, eat, get to know people, and find a way to kill time. Time stops. I feel like i spent two weeks in there haha.

If you're housed at nccf, you will only have one chance to be released for the day. Around 10 am on sat, sun and 6 pm monday through friday. They only let inmates out during thay time.

I would say don't turn yourself in on friday. Do it on thursday if you can. I say this because friday was way too packed and processing took way too long. If you turn yourself on thursday, you have a better chance to be released on saturday since they gotta make all that rooms for people turning in on friday.

Bring cash when you turn yourself in. It will automatically be put into your books so it will be helpful. Wear something comfortable and warm since it will be cold.

I say being housed at nccf is better than downtown because it's a lot cleaner and dorms are smaller. I was scared when they were transferring me to nccf because i know it's super max. But everyone was nice, tvs were on 18 hours a day, and dayrooms to eat, read, and play.

People with misdemeanors with 180 and under, do not take house arrest offered by sheriff's dept. i was offered to be on it but rejected it. I got out the same day that they offered this to me. They know you are going home anytime soon and want to give you a chance to serve your full semtence with your own money. Don't take it.

Don't be scared. I was so scared thinking what if they decided to hold me for 50% and forget about me in the system. Don't worry. The system will never forget you and the formula works in the very similar way that others have been through.

Don't ask deputies how much time you will serve. They don't know. They only get release notice from the computer and tell your bunk to be released. Ask your fellow mates who seem to know what they are talking about. Ignore some though. They have no idea.

Hopefully this helped yall who are thinking how much time you will serve.

Last edited by fifa3m; 06-12-2018 at 01:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fifa3m For This Useful Post:
matix1125 (05-08-2019)
  #1536  
Old 06-26-2018, 03:09 PM
dmerritt0606 dmerritt0606 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Los Angeles County USA
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quick update finally my husband has received his trustee credit seems like he received about 34 days credit he was sentenced to 486 days with half and 50 days credit his original prd was November 3, 2018 and has been changed to September 30, 2018 total time served will be around 6.5 months. Ab109 inmates are getting an early kick right now for approx 25-27 days he’s at Pitchess South Facility. Hope this helps some of you I am counting down ththe days !! 96 more until projected release date and 68 days of we get the extra kick
Reply With Quote
  #1537  
Old 07-01-2018, 03:31 AM
LassSummer LassSummer is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: AZ
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My guy is in Pitchess South right now, but he's awaiting trial, so there's no way to know when he'll get out as of now. As it is, I am sending him care packages and putting on his books. I also have money on the phone, but he is afraid to call or write because he doesn't want to accidentally say anything that will hurt him in trial. This means I don't get to hear from him at all. Any news you have about the conditions in South and how people are getting along is very greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #1538  
Old 07-01-2018, 07:13 AM
dmerritt0606 dmerritt0606 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Los Angeles County USA
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

My husband likes South for the most part he hasnít had any issues at all he works every day so he keeps busy but heís safe as can be in South from my opinion donít worry he will be ok pray for him everyday write him a letter and tell him to call just to say i love you it helps us all get through it good luck i hope you get an update soon this whole process sucks
Reply With Quote
  #1539  
Old 07-01-2018, 02:02 PM
LassSummer LassSummer is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: AZ
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you. You are right.
Reply With Quote
  #1540  
Old 07-15-2018, 09:30 PM
Tsteve345 Tsteve345 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifa3m View Post
Hi all, I'm going to share my experience at LA county jail this month. I was stressing out a lot and this forum helped me out to get an idea of when I might be released so I want to help others who are in a similar situation as me.

I had 120 days + 3 days for the fine for 3rd dui and my attorney advised me that I will spend no more than 4 days in jail. I spent four days in jail including processing in and out.

Here's what happened.
I surrendered at van nuys court on 6/8 friday at 10 am. I was at the court holding tank until 7 pm and got bussed down to IRC.
It was very packed and the processing took until 4 am saturday and I was put into another holding tank until 10 am.
Then I was transferred to nccf super max and got my bunk by 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
I spent my saturday, sunday, and monday afternoon and was called to be released at 5:30 pm monday right around dinner time.
I was brought back to IRC at 10:30 pm amd processed out at 1 am tuesday.
I did a total of 85 ish hours on 123 days sentence.

I see why people are saying misdemeanors with 180 days will be auto kick out. The jails were packed. When I was there in 2014, they weren't this packed. I saw so many people waiting to get their beds for nearly two days.

Since I wanted to see the situations in jail, I asked nearly everybody that I could.

Here's what's going on.

Misdemeanor non violent 1-90 days, you spend 2 days. Processing will take you a day to get your bed so don't expect to be booked and released. Have two days ready to spend. As fast as you get your bed, the earlier you will be out.
Misdemeanor non violent 91-180 days, you spend 3-4 days.
Misdemeanor non violent 180+, you will spend anywhere between 10-30%. When it becomes over 270, expect at least 30%

Misdemeanor violent, you will spend at least 10% if you're lucky and up to 30-35% on harsher sentences.

Felony violent and non violent, you will spend 50% no matter what. You might get released maybe a week or two sooner but don't get your hopes up too much.

50 percent of the inmates are waiting for court date, around 30 percent are serving felony sentences, 10 percent are waiting to be transferred to prison, and other 10 percent are in there for misdemeanors.

I would say it was okay except for the processing in part. It took way too long and the IRC was beyond trashed. Don't forget to set up a collect call account before going in. I didnt know about this before going in so i coudlnt call anyone.

I was only at security level four so I was housed at a safer dorm. Everyone was nice and and it wasn't what i thought it to be. Just sleep, eat, get to know people, and find a way to kill time. Time stops. I feel like i spent two weeks in there haha.

If you're housed at nccf, you will only have one chance to be released for the day. Around 10 am on sat, sun and 6 pm monday through friday. They only let inmates out during thay time.

I would say don't turn yourself in on friday. Do it on thursday if you can. I say this because friday was way too packed and processing took way too long. If you turn yourself on thursday, you have a better chance to be released on saturday since they gotta make all that rooms for people turning in on friday.

Bring cash when you turn yourself in. It will automatically be put into your books so it will be helpful. Wear something comfortable and warm since it will be cold.

I say being housed at nccf is better than downtown because it's a lot cleaner and dorms are smaller. I was scared when they were transferring me to nccf because i know it's super max. But everyone was nice, tvs were on 18 hours a day, and dayrooms to eat, read, and play.

People with misdemeanors with 180 and under, do not take house arrest offered by sheriff's dept. i was offered to be on it but rejected it. I got out the same day that they offered this to me. They know you are going home anytime soon and want to give you a chance to serve your full semtence with your own money. Don't take it.

Don't be scared. I was so scared thinking what if they decided to hold me for 50% and forget about me in the system. Don't worry. The system will never forget you and the formula works in the very similar way that others have been through.

Don't ask deputies how much time you will serve. They don't know. They only get release notice from the computer and tell your bunk to be released. Ask your fellow mates who seem to know what they are talking about. Ignore some though. They have no idea.

Hopefully this helped yall who are thinking how much time you will serve.
Thank you for this! I am currently awaiting sentencing on a 2nd DUI charge and am possibly staring at as much as 120 days (ive been told 120 is unlikely, but definitely possible). I'm hoping I get an auto kick-out or at worst 3 to 4 days. Your report here gives me a glimmer of hope!

I'll be sure to check in with my own report once I receive the sentence and serve my time.
Reply With Quote
  #1541  
Old 07-24-2018, 05:30 AM
maxie'smom maxie'smom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 33
Thanks: 82
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasssummer View Post
my guy is in pitchess south right now, but he's awaiting trial, so there's no way to know when he'll get out as of now. As it is, i am sending him care packages and putting on his books. I also have money on the phone, but he is afraid to call or write because he doesn't want to accidentally say anything that will hurt him in trial. This means i don't get to hear from him at all. Any news you have about the conditions in south and how people are getting along is very greatly appreciated.
my brother spent a whole year in pitchess awaiting trial and we spoke frequently. Your lo can still call you and you can always redirect him if he brings up his case. Goodluck to you guys.
Reply With Quote
  #1542  
Old 01-15-2019, 02:30 AM
Lynsey7 Lynsey7 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los angeles, ca.
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My boyfriend was on ab109 and got pulled over and had a steak knife on him. 20000 bail and concealed weapon charge. And no bail on ab109 court. We got a lawyer but they wanted to offer him 16months and he said nostill have ab109 court on 24th jan. The lawyer says hes try get him out to program for drugs. I wish theyd just give him time served hes been in since dec 26th.hes in mcj la.
Reply With Quote
  #1543  
Old 03-12-2019, 02:27 AM
Navygurl818 Navygurl818 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sylmar CA 91342
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 5 year sentence

My husband was given 5 years for a possession/sales charge. To be served in County at 50%. He turned himself in Sept 29, 2019, and has been in a year and 5 months. He spent most of his time in NCCF, then transferred to the Veterans dorm, he's a Navy Vet. Sept 2018 he transferred in to east pitchess for fire camp training. He successfully completed training and transferred to Holton Conservation Camp 3/6/19. His projected release date was 11/29/19, but has changed to 10/15/19. Did going to fire camp only take off a month? Or was that good behavior? Help. What's a guesstimate on his release?
Reply With Quote
  #1544  
Old 05-08-2019, 04:10 PM
matix1125 matix1125 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2019
Location: la, ca
Posts: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default sentenced to 180 days la county jail for domestic violence

hello i was sentenced to 180 days for domestic violence misdemeanor i turn myself in on 5/24/19 anyone have any idea how long ill serve..? very worried about my family
Reply With Quote
  #1545  
Old 05-14-2019, 08:18 AM
Dray7370 Dray7370 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2019
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello I’m new here.
My husband was recently sentenced to 180 days for his first offense domestic violence (misdemeanor) he has to turn himself on Friday May 24th (Memorial Day weekend) anyone have a guess as to how long he’ll serve? First time we’ve been through this and it’s taking a toll on our whole family.
Reply With Quote
  #1546  
Old 05-14-2019, 10:20 AM
missingdee's Avatar
missingdee missingdee is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Metro Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 3,490
Thanks: 4,005
Thanked 6,260 Times in 2,340 Posts
Default

180 day misdemeanor sentence means max is, of course, 180 days. To actually serve that he’d have to get in a lot of trouble while in jail and lose good behavior credit.

90 days is expected.

If he’s in Los Angeles County, I would not be surprised if it turns out to be 45 days or even less due to overcrowding. But it’s difficult to know for sure how long he will actually be held.

The other concern I would have here is that with this sort of crime there is often a no-contact order in place. You might not be allowed to visit. He might not even legally be allowed to call. And given that I am pretty sure the last two posts are by husband and wife, I am going to take a wild guess here and say that if one is in place it is being violated.....which isn’t my business, really, but could mean more trouble if it gets found out.

-Eric
__________________
Missing Dee. Finding Serenity.



"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by missingdee; 05-14-2019 at 10:39 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-14-2019), sidewalker (05-14-2019)
  #1547  
Old 05-14-2019, 11:38 AM
missingdee's Avatar
missingdee missingdee is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Metro Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 3,490
Thanks: 4,005
Thanked 6,260 Times in 2,340 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navygurl818 View Post
My husband was given 5 years for a possession/sales charge. To be served in County at 50%. He turned himself in Sept 29, 2019, and has been in a year and 5 months. He spent most of his time in NCCF, then transferred to the Veterans dorm, he's a Navy Vet. Sept 2018 he transferred in to east pitchess for fire camp training. He successfully completed training and transferred to Holton Conservation Camp 3/6/19. His projected release date was 11/29/19, but has changed to 10/15/19. Did going to fire camp only take off a month? Or was that good behavior? Help. What's a guesstimate on his release?

Not really certain on this (sorry, only now seeing this post...we used to have some regular responders who had a bit more knowledge of the situation than I do.)


My advice: never anticipate that the date of release is going to be significantly before the date projected on the site until the date changes on the site.


He probably received credit upon transfer (sounds like 45 days of credits.) He might be receiving more. If you are still around, would you be able to tell us if his date has moved up any further than what it was in March?


-Eric
__________________
Missing Dee. Finding Serenity.



"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (05-15-2019)
  #1548  
Old 05-21-2019, 11:52 AM
firsttimerLA firsttimerLA is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2019
Location: CA
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

hi everyone! I know we’re anxious about early release dates & percentages LA is currently running at, hopefully someone can lend me some insight. My husband has been incarcerated since early January for a first time, non violent FELONY with a 364 day sentence. He was housed at NCCF for ~3.5 months, and since was transferred to Pitchess North. He has served 70% of his PRD and 34.3% of his full sentence. Any idea how much longer he’ll be ? Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #1549  
Old 05-23-2019, 05:47 PM
missingdee's Avatar
missingdee missingdee is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Metro Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 3,490
Thanks: 4,005
Thanked 6,260 Times in 2,340 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimerLA View Post
hi everyone! I know we’re anxious about early release dates & percentages LA is currently running at, hopefully someone can lend me some insight. My husband has been incarcerated since early January for a first time, non violent FELONY with a 364 day sentence. He was housed at NCCF for ~3.5 months, and since was transferred to Pitchess North. He has served 70% of his PRD and 34.3% of his full sentence. Any idea how much longer he’ll be ? Thanks again!

It's a felony, so expect him to do 50%. Sounds like that's about what he's on pace for now. While some degree of early kick is possible, the misdemeanors are the ones getting serious time cuts beyond the usual day-for-day.
__________________
Missing Dee. Finding Serenity.



"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by missingdee; 05-23-2019 at 05:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1550  
Old 05-24-2019, 08:29 PM
Bellychelly Bellychelly is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2019
Location: Los Angeles, ca
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello! I’m new here...my friend surrendered yesterday for a probation violation for misdemeanor DV. They gave him 9 months but his lawyer said he should only serve a week - one month. Is this true?? He was transferred to Wayside from MCJ today. Thank you so much for any info!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dui, early kickout, early release, felony, la county, lynwood, mcj, release

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Release/Time actually served percentages in San Bernardino County? JustInLove2013 California: County & City Jail Discussions 8 11-27-2013 02:16 PM
Los angeles current release percentages? ShawnaB94 California General Prison Talk 1 03-22-2013 05:35 PM
release percentages - short county sentences halebop California: County & City Jail Discussions 10 04-20-2012 09:32 AM
Los Angeles county jail question phillips150 California: County & City Jail Discussions 4 09-25-2009 12:34 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:57 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics