Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Florida should be posted here.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 AM
his fool

Default Work Release/permanent party and eligible for transfer??

Has anyone had a loved one go permanent party at a work release center? And how long before their eligibility date for actual work release are they able to transfer?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2013, 02:34 PM

Default wrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccers1983 View Post
Has anyone had a loved one go permanent party at a work release center? And how long before their eligibility date for actual work release are they able to transfer?

MY grandson has been approved fro work release since march 12 still not transferred, from what I can find out they usually are transferred to wrc when they still have 6 months to serve on sentence he is to go to Ocala where I your loved one to go? Hope it all goes well. simonsezfl
The Following User Says Thank You to simonsezfl For This Useful Post:
beccers1983 (07-04-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

Permanent party is different from regular work release...it's VERY rare for people to get permanent party. Those beds are "wasted" beds from the perspective of the WRC, especially the private ones, since they aren't collecting paycheck monies from the permanent party inmates. So they lose money when they use a bed for permanent party.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:09 PM
his fool

Oh really? Wow that sucks. :/ he is still a few months out from his eligibility date so we don't know where he's going yet...and he's actually still waiting for his custody review so he can drop down to community level but i was told that years ago when he was in before they did permanent party at the wr centers where he could transfer there and just wait until he was down to his 14 months to be approved to go off site to work, he just couldn't remember what the timeframe/requirements were. Sounds like maybe things have changed if your grandson is already approved and has been waiting so long though :/ that's discouraging...
Old 07-04-2013, 03:12 PM
his fool

That was kind of my thought on it too nan, especially with the largo group having to be moved...sounds like there's already an over crowding issue. Thank you for your input
Old 07-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Waiting for Mike

Permanent party is one of those things that exists on paper at DOC but in reality is rarely used except in special circumstances.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:33 PM
his fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAN425 View Post
Permanent party is one of those things that exists on paper at DOC but in reality is rarely used except in special circumstances.
Any idea what those special circumstances are? Lol
Old 07-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Waiting for Mike

Actually, I do know of one instance they might use it.

I know where my husband is (rehab program) it is occasionally floated as a possibility if inmates have problems with their work release transition (paperwork, not enough time before release) that one possibility is that they will be made permanent party until things are sorted out or they EOS. I don't think I've ever seen it happen, but it's been said to be a last-ditch measure.

But that's a case where the inmate is already at the facility and they are trying to avoid them having to leave unnecessarily due to paperwork snafus.

In other words...circumstances that will be beneficial to DOC and the facility involved. Like I said before, those facilities don't like to take permanent party inmates because they don't get paycheck money for the permanent party guys. There has to be something in it for them. They aren't going to send your loved one as permanent party just because he wants into cushier living conditions closer to home.

Work release beds are at a premium and they don't have enough to give the guys who are approved for actual work release, let alone for permanent party which is a program that has no benefit from a DOC perspective.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:12 PM
his fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAN425 View Post
Actually, I do know of one instance they might use it.

I know where my husband is (rehab program) it is occasionally floated as a possibility if inmates have problems with their work release transition (paperwork, not enough time before release) that one possibility is that they will be made permanent party until things are sorted out or they EOS. I don't think I've ever seen it happen, but it's been said to be a last-ditch measure.

But that's a case where the inmate is already at the facility and they are trying to avoid them having to leave unnecessarily due to paperwork snafus.

In other words...circumstances that will be beneficial to DOC and the facility involved. Like I said before, those facilities don't like to take permanent party inmates because they don't get paycheck money for the permanent party guys. There has to be something in it for them. They aren't going to send your loved one as permanent party just because he wants into cushier living conditions closer to home.

Work release beds are at a premium and they don't have enough to give the guys who are approved for actual work release, let alone for permanent party which is a program that has no benefit from a DOC perspective.

makes sense...well thank you,i appreciate the info
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Donation Award 

If it helps, my husband was approved for permanent party work release last month. His custody level was dropped, they had him sign his work release paperwork, turn in his choices for the facilities he'd like to go to, the whole nine yards ... he's still in his regular facility and has no idea when he'll actually get transferred - and in all honesty, it probably won't happen any time soon, but I don't have the heart to be the bearer of bad news. He has so much hope and right now that's all that keeps him going.

It also doesn't help that the two facilities that he chose - one of them was Largo, and we all know how that ended.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:13 PM
FOREVER HIS<3

some places must slack because at the workcamp my man is at they are always on point. my man tells me that his boys signed up and all went to work release & only waited 2 weeks to be transferred..
Old 08-29-2013, 02:33 PM
his fool

Do you know if that was for actual work release or for permanent party at a work release center?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeskaluvSS View Post
some places must slack because at the workcamp my man is at they are always on point. my man tells me that his boys signed up and all went to work release & only waited 2 weeks to be transferred..
What camp is he at? I guess it may depend on which work release centers they're putting in for?! Some seem to be popular choices & the wait can be longer. Guess some get luckier than others as far as beds opening up, how many are eligible to go to WR, and the time remaining on their sentence.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeskaluvSS View Post
Are you sure those guys went to work release and not rehab/transition? The wait for movement to rehab has dropped to nothing because DOC is in the process of sucking a huge number of guys into a bunch of new beds they've added in the Daytona rehab center - all sorts of guys are arriving there who thought they were going to work release elsewhere in the state. They don't find out they are actually headed to rehab till they get there.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:29 AM
FOREVER HIS<3

im positive they went to work release. couple of the guys only waited 2 weeks after signing up to get there. some of them get released to the real world in november and others sometime next year
Old 08-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Waiting for Mike

A short wait for work release could mean that your camp WASN'T on top of things and wasn't signing up guys until they had very little time left to serve. Once guys are signed up by the local camps, Tallahassee controls who actually moves to fill vacancies, and one of the things that they consider when selecting who to move is how much time an inmate has left.

If an inmate is signed up with very little time left, they will move much faster than an inmate who is signed up the minute they are eligible with 19 months left, since if they aren't moved right away they will lose their chance to do WR. Whereas an inmate signed up with 19 months left can wait a year and still have time in DOC's eyes to do WR.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:26 AM
FOREVER HIS<3

yea you could be right.. but some of the guys don't have little time left.

Last edited by yeskaluvSS; 08-30-2013 at 08:28 AM..