Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:54 PM

Default Interstate Compact/Parole

My man was released this month on parole to his home state. Is he able to move to another state while on parole? They did an Interstate Compact to get him to his home state; do I have to do the same to get him to my state? Is it up to the state of which he served time or his PO officer?

Any advice/guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Donation Award 

It is difficult to do subsequent Interstate Compact transfers, although not impossible, however to answer your question, yes he will have to get another Interstate Transfer to your state.

It is up to the original transferring state to do another transfer because your husband's home state is simply "babysitting" him for the original state at this point. With that being said, however, it is up to his current PO (where he is residing) to start the transfer paperwork. There is a lot of paperwork and a lot of channels when dealing with an Interstate Transfer, especially with more than the typical sending and receiving state involved.

Best wishes to you and your man!
Old 06-18-2008, 02:02 PM

Im new and i need help please. My brother is incarcerated in NJ and has been granted parole but he really lives in CA. They sent the transfer docs a while ago but i don't really knows what goes on after that. Im the person he's going to stay with. He's getting out on July 7th and i have to go get him but i haven't heard anything yet some im on stand still right now. I need to know the steps they do. For example, do they (CA) come visit my home before he gets out or just contact me??????? will he get released 4 sure on that date???? if so can he come to CA if i havent heard anything?????? Please help thank you!!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Donation Award 

He needs to check with his counselor to find out the status of the transfer. My husband is a RSO so they had to do a home visit, but I'm not sure with normal probation/parole, I do think they visit where the offender will be living with that too though.

He should not plan on leaving NJ under any circumstances UNTIL he gets reporting instructions to CA.

Take care!