Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:35 PM
smyles

Default Legal County of Residence

I was reading the Parole paperwork from TDC and think I have a problem and I was hoping you guys could help me. My baby is up for parole now and the idea was for him to come live with me, however, it says that the Legal County of Residence is where ever the offender was living when he committed the offense. Two issues with this. We want to get him away from where he was into all the drugs at and I don't live in Collin County, I'm in Tarrant.

Am I going to have to try to move just so he can be paroled to Collin County. OMG...just more for us to worry about. His parents live over there but I"m not sure being back in Collin county is best for him to not re-offend since the drug contacts hence trouble in his case are right down the road. I don't know if his partents will let him liver htere anyway. I know if he wants to find trouble he can anywhere...but this is just throwing me for a loop. Ok I'm rambling...any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

dying to hear from him....
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2008, 12:53 PM
here we go again :(
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,342 Times in 615 Posts

Thats what they prefer, but he can still make parole if you dont live in Collin County. My husband was convicted in Dallas County and paroled to our house in Denton County
Old 02-12-2008, 12:57 PM
smyles

Oh goodness, that's great to hear. I was about to panic!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:36 PM
We survived TDCJ!

Yea, he can move anywhere in the state of Texas. However, I want to tell you that moving to another county won't solve the drug issue. I know you realize that and hope that you will get your bf the support he needs to remain drug free. Drugs are everywhere...schools (even elementary), church, affluent neighborhoods and urban areas. He's going to face the urge to relapse no matter where he lives. Collin county is just a car ride down the freeway. I know there are a great deal of agencies and faithbased organizations in Tarrant County that will be able to give you and him the assistance you'll need. Good luck to you.
And we're still going strong!!!