Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Federal Prisons in Beaumont, Texas. Including FPC Beaumont, FCI Beaumont - Low, FCI Beaumont - Medium, and USP Beaumont.

Old 01-16-2020, 11:24 AM
FCI Beaumont

Default Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbajop View Post
Please keep me updated on this matter! My LO is in thr camp and we think the only way something might change is by dragging the media into this ...
Yes, some other ppl and I are trying to organize something like this. One lady already has Telemundo TV agreeing to broadcast a protest she has been trying to organize. We need to reach out to more news outlets though.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2020, 11:26 AM
FCI Beaumont

Quote:
Before you make thr drive you Must be on the visitor list. He needs to send you a form and it takes a couple of weeks to approve.
Yeah, I mailed him the form on Mon 01/06/20; however, they have been on lockdown in his unit since he got there. I guess to varying degrees because they did have some privileges for a very short amount of time, but they do not have any right now according to the office there when I called this morning.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:57 AM
FCI Beaumont

Quote:
Originally Posted by zana82 View Post
Yes, some other ppl and I are trying to organize something like this. One lady already has Telemundo TV agreeing to broadcast a protest she has been trying to organize. We need to reach out to more news outlets though.
I sent you a DM.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:27 PM
FCI Beaumont

Default Visitations

Quote:
Yeah, I mailed him the form on Mon 01/06/20; however, they have been on lockdown in his unit since he got there. I guess to varying degrees because they did have some privileges for a very short amount of time, but they do not have any right now according to the office there when I called this morning.
Hey, do you know if I just show up, and I have been approved of course, if they will let me visit? I mean, they won't know for sure that the inmate did not tell me I was approved basically. It has been a week since he received that particular letter with the form, so I would think it has been turned in & possibly approved by now? Or does it take 2 weeks just for the approval part once it is turned in?
Old 01-16-2020, 01:17 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,231 Times in 13,894 Posts

If you aren't an approved visitor, the only way you will get in is if the visitation lieutenant allows it, which is unlikely, especially at Beaumont. Approvals take as long as the staff wants them to take.

If you were approved at his last bop owned prison, the counselor could import that visitor's list with a computer keystroke, but that wouldn't require you to submit a new application.

The only way to know if you are approved to visit is for him to find out, and then tell you.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Hey, do you know if I just show up, and I have been approved of course, if they will let me visit? I mean, they won't know for sure that the inmate did not tell me I was approved basically. It has been a week since he received that particular letter with the form, so I would think it has been turned in & possibly approved by now? Or does it take 2 weeks just for the approval part once it is turned in?

Call the camp and ask for Counselor Williams. He is the one that approves people for visitation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cbajop For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-17-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
They have been on what they are calling modified lockdown since sometime in October. Which basically means they have been taking away and giving back privileges from one day to another it's just really random. One day they will be allowed to use phones and emails next day they won't one day they will be allowed to have visitations next day they won't. Anytime someone is caught doing anything the whole Camp gets punished. Plus they are being sleep deprived with all the counts that the guards are doing. There's a lot of crazy things going on. Originally they said they would be on lockdown for three months but now it's been longer than that and they said it might go on for more time. I think honestly that this is just how it's going to be from now on unless we do something about it here on the outside.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:12 PM
FCI Beaumont

Quote:
They have been on what they are calling modified lockdown since sometime in October. Which basically means they have been taking away and giving back privileges from one day to another it's just really random. One day they will be allowed to use phones and emails next day they won't one day they will be allowed to have visitations next day they won't. Anytime someone is caught doing anything the whole Camp gets punished. Plus they are being sleep deprived with all the counts that the guards are doing. There's a lot of crazy things going on. Originally they said they would be on lockdown for three months but now it's been longer than that and they said it might go on for more time. I think honestly that this is just how it's going to be from now on unless we do something about it here on the outside.
Okay, that's his counslor I believe, Jay Williams. I called today and the man on the phone said no one but the inmate could tell me. I'll try calling Me. Williams tomorrow. Thanks so much!
Old 01-29-2020, 08:43 PM

Is USP Beaumont on lockdown?
I haven’t heard from my love one since Monday.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:51 AM

Good Morning!
Has anyone heard from their LO at Beaumont medium?
Old 03-03-2020, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzDimpz_08 View Post
Good Morning!
Has anyone heard from their LO at Beaumont medium?
Yes, I've received letters. They are on full lockdown and it seems it will last until April.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:17 AM

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2020, 06:35 AM

Default Beaumont medium on lockdown?

Does anyone know if Beaumont Medium is on lockdown? My LO got transferred there almost 2 weeks but I haven’t heard from him & I’ve been calling the facility but they never answer 😩
Old 03-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,231 Times in 13,894 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. The red banner "Visiting at the Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) has been suspended until further notice" is posted on the bop's Beaumont Medium web page, which usually means they are locked down. It is not posted for the USP or the FCI Low/camp.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/bmm/