Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 08-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,244 Posts

bonnie - you have much well wishes from me. Please post an update thread on Monday (new thread, not in this one) so we can all celebrate or support you, whichever is needed!

Tufahije, I think that's a great attitude to have. I think most of us feel that way - we're sorrowful that our family member is incarcerated, it's rough on us, but we love them and support them. That's why there's the saying "the family serves the sentence also."
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Tufahije (08-16-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2017, 07:02 PM

Thanked 1,112 Times in 572 Posts

My brother will hopefully be home in 4 years and has been gone over a decade. We just reconnected after 4 years because I had trouble dealing with him. He still wanted to control the outside world from the inside. It drove me nuts.

Enough time has passed and I miss him. I am hoping to visit soon once I get the time off from work.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (08-17-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 11:05 AM

I was angry when he got locked up. My middle brother.i wrote him.visited once. Now he is out doing great. Im so proud of him. Works full time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texasflower08 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-09-2017), Kpfxgrl (09-17-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 12:07 AM

Geesh where do I begin… my heart breaks every time I think about him. I hate him for doing what he did, I miss him because he moved again and didn't come or call home for help,and mostly I feel guilty for being so stubborn (just like him) not reaching out to him. My oldest brother and I drove 18 hours for his change of plead hearing. In hopes they would release him to us until sentencing. Nope. Tried to plan a visitation but negative on that too. Only contact visitation the last Thursday of the month. Only say him in shackles for a brief moment. Couldn't hug him or anything thing. Just told him that I loved him. He was my go to brother growing up like a security blanket. Now I just have to wait for his calls. This sucks. The "what if" run in my head all day long. What if I called him more…what if I would have begged him to come home…it goes on and on. Just waiting now until sentencing hearing. It's been 4 months now. But looking at 5-20 yrs federal.
Trying to stay positive and pray a lot!
Old 09-17-2017, 06:22 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,305 Times in 10,444 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Don't blame yourself for your brother's legal problems, his actions are what got him in trouble.

Not knowing his actual punishment is the hardest time for both of you. If he does end up being sentenced to serve time in a federal prison, you will have contact visits, phone calls, letters and even email available.

Continue to support him as best you can, and always remember that this will end.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:06 AM

Thanked 1,112 Times in 572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpfxgrl View Post
Geesh where do I begin… my heart breaks every time I think about him. I hate him for doing what he did, I miss him because he moved again and didn't come or call home for help,and mostly I feel guilty for being so stubborn (just like him) not reaching out to him. My oldest brother and I drove 18 hours for his change of plead hearing. In hopes they would release him to us until sentencing. Nope. Tried to plan a visitation but negative on that too. Only contact visitation the last Thursday of the month. Only say him in shackles for a brief moment. Couldn't hug him or anything thing. Just told him that I loved him. He was my go to brother growing up like a security blanket. Now I just have to wait for his calls. This sucks. The "what if" run in my head all day long. What if I called him more…what if I would have begged him to come home…it goes on and on. Just waiting now until sentencing hearing. It's been 4 months now. But looking at 5-20 yrs federal.
Trying to stay positive and pray a lot!
My brother has been down 14 yrs with 4 until first parole hearing. I was too young for the what is because I was ten when the crime was committed. He is still fighting his case after all these years.

With the distance, write, send packages when you can, and talk when you can. I believe you guys will have access to email as well. We don't but Fed rules are different.

You found a great place here to find out information and share your frustrations.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Kpfxgrl (09-17-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 11:31 AM

My brother was locked up a few years and it broke my heart.i wrote him a few times.i forgave him.i only visited once.he was far away.he is out and doing well. Im very proud of me
The Following User Says Thank You to Texasflower08 For This Useful Post:
Kpfxgrl (09-17-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
My brother has been down 14 yrs with 4 until first parole hearing. I was too young for the what is because I was ten when the crime was committed. He is still fighting his case after all these years.

With the distance, write, send packages when you can, and talk when you can. I believe you guys will have access to email as well. We don't but Fed rules are different.

You found a great place here to find out information and share your frustrations.

He is still in county jail right now we are waiting on his pre-sentencing hearing now. We asked his state appointed attorney to request a closer prison if possible. I don't mind driving 5 or 6 hours to visit but 18hrs is kinda rough.

The info is great kinda overwhelming I have never used a forum before. So much to read and so many people with the same emotions. Thank you!
Old 09-17-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by God*sees*ALL View Post
My brother has been inside for 10 yrs. He was at the wrong place wrong time, therefor got excessory to murder. Growing up he was the rock for me and my sister, always there for protection, advice, love, care etc. When it first blew up, I was in shock. Thinking how can the man I knew as my brother commit such a crime... two yrs passed, I then ask my questions as to why? why were you in that situation to begin with, why??? But some of us do not have a choice of our fate. im no angel, but im no demon, as I believe of my brother. the cold hearted man who did the crime tried to lay it off on him, because he was there. for two yrs I did not speak to my brother, I was broken hearted, I was lost, I was confused. I just bared my first child with out my brother by my side when I always had him for any situation. I blamed my brother for the hurt, I also blamed him for along time, for the pain and stress he caused on my parents. Him being the only boy and first born, you can only imagine the pain my mother felt, and the loneliness my father felt. but after going forward to him about it, I then realized, I was so selfish. He was innocent. now I speak to him everyday. I still feel pain. Some say, at least you can talk and hear his voice, I agree, but let me tell you something, it still feels as if their gone. prison changes ppl. some for the better and some for the worse. iv bared 3 children since my first, he hasn't met them yet. My brother was more of a father figure then anything. Making sure everything got done right. with school and my responsibilities. he has 3 children of his own, and because of his ex wife, they now recent him. while she marries a different man every year. To know hes in there and I cant help eats me alive. we lost our father in 06, all I have is my mother and sister, if he were out it would all be different. he can come up for parole in 2020, that's 5 more years. my moms health isn't good at all. im here with her 24/7. and all she wants is to see her son before she leaves this place. I pray god allows him to be around when that happens, because idk if I could handle that alone. its a constant pain, constant worry, stress, heart ache, as if it were that day every single day. I manage by taking care of mother and kids and I work my ass off. but hes on my mind when I awake and when I shut my eyes. I pray for his safety, his courage to stay strong, his will to keep faith and his struggle to get home. prayers out to you and your family and loved one inside. we are not here to judge those for their action but to be there for their fall, be there to provide a stable reliable resource and to let them know they can change for the better and enjoy what little bit of air they take in, and that we will reunite..........

That's one of our main concerns also. I have three older brothers and I'm the baby and only girl. My brother is the middle son. He has always been kinda the problem child nothing serious. But our parents are getting older also. I worry if something happens to them while he is still inside. Not sure how he would handle it.

I have crazy dreams about him just showing up at my doorstep. So real still unsure of the sentencing. Waiting on the hearing.

Just going to try and stay strong! Thoughts with you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kpfxgrl For This Useful Post:
1ampatsy (11-21-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 04:40 PM

ive had 2 brothers in prison at different times and it made me so sad both times. Billy my baby brother got his ged there and came out working and did drugs and got a bad dose of meth and he hears voices and has been that since he was 22. He is 40 now. Cary did 4 years and is on parole. Got his ged there and now works ft and has a truck and dl. Doing great. It changed cary for better
Old 11-20-2017, 09:55 PM

Default I am new here.

My bro turned himself into fcc a few days ago.I am nervous and just hope he is safe and can manage his time in prison.He did not tell me what was going on with him, but he told his girl friend, my other bro and his wife. My husband and I were shut out. This is what has been happening all my adult life. The bros always kept secrets and I was never a part of the happenings, so I am also angry that we had to find out thru the "grape vine", or we would never have known another "secret"
Thanks for accepting me and I feel free to be honest here. This is my first post here.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1ampatsy For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-20-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 02:51 AM

My sister is locked up and it honestly is sad but at the same time, is saving her life I feel. I am sad she will be there for the holidays.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:01 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,244 Posts

The holidays are always rough. Holidays and birthdays and major "anniversary" days, like the day they were arrested.