Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 06-08-2004, 05:13 PM

Default Call forwarding

I am in California right now and will be for the next two weeks. My fiance is in Arkansas. If I have my calls forwarded here, will it cost the same amount as it does locally or will they know that the phone is being forwarded and charge long distance fees? Any information would be very helpful!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Account closed

I believe you will be charged for long distance unless you have one of those local and long distance plans where long distance is free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt's-girl
I am in California right now and will be for the next two weeks. My fiance is in Arkansas. If I have my calls forwarded here, will it cost the same amount as it does locally or will they know that the phone is being forwarded and charge long distance fees? Any information would be very helpful!
Old 06-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Round 2

Who's your phone company. Or better question Do you use PCO?? If you do call Richard and have them forward your calls to the # you're at now and set it up with them to re-forward them back to your normal #. If you have PCO it won't cost much extra. If you don't havee PCO, then I'm not sure this can be done at all.

Stacy
Old 06-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Round 2

Let me clarify, last I knew they were trying to get this new service in to where we could change the #'s we wanted our calls to come to at different times. I am NOT for sure if this has been set up completely yet. If you havve them call and find out.

Stacy
Old 06-08-2004, 11:04 PM

Thanks for your replies hotmama and stacywars. No, I don't have PCO because they don't service the prison where my fiance is at. I'll probably get charged long distance fees, but it's worth a try anyway.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:35 AM
PTO Research Assistant

If you have call forwarding option on your home phone in Arkansas and you have a cell phone, you can just forward your home phone to the cell phone number. It will not cost you long distance, only minutes on your cell phone.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleteddy
If you have call forwarding option on your home phone in Arkansas and you have a cell phone, you can just forward your home phone to the cell phone number. It will not cost you long distance, only minutes on your cell phone.
That was something I have been wondering. I didn't know if it could be forwarded to my cell since the calls were collect. This won't get anyone in trouble will it? There are so many restrictions, it is hard to know what is okay and what isn't.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:13 AM

I do normally forward the calls to my cell phone, but my cell phone only services my local calling area (it's a cricket). But thanks anyway!
Old 06-09-2004, 11:05 AM

Wont you be charged what you would normally be charged if you were in Arkansas?