Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in Florida facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Us Against the World

Default Requesting a chow hall meal during visitation

I am discussing this with my prison activist group, and if it can be done....I am requesting all the visitors to start asking for a "chow hall lunch" while at visitation. Granted, it may not be the same food they are serving the inmates, but you can guarantee that this is going to get to the warden fast, and maybe...just MAYBE, it will be enough for them to correct how they have altered the food, milk, etc....for our loved ones.

I want to get an idea of how many of you guys would REALLY do this, if we can confirm it...Because I am telling you, I will be the first to sit my chucky a$$ down and ask for a plate.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:14 PM

I would do it

my life begins
Old 03-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Us Against the World

We have already made contact with Tallahassee and are awaiting confirmation. I do know that the inmates can request a meal. We are looking into the visitors. If not, then I will have my husband order a tray, and we will do it like that. Either way, the families will be observing the food the inmates are "supposedly" served. I will keep you updated on what I find.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:11 PM
I drank the Kool-Aid

Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,366 Posts

I'll do it if I ever get my visits back.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Us Against the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyronesWife View Post
I'll do it if I ever get my visits back.

What is going on with your visits, maybe I can help?
TyronesWife (03-16-2009)
Old 03-16-2009, 07:25 PM
I drank the Kool-Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross811 View Post
What is going on with your visits, maybe I can help?
Short story: ex-co, negative marks in file, visitation indefinately suspended in 2006 (after a year of visiting clean and approval for marriage) because lil' ol' me is going to destroy the Dept of Corruption if I'm let in again.

Unfortunately I think the only thing that is going to help me is the touch of God in the warden's heart.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Us Against the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyronesWife View Post
Short story: ex-co, negative marks in file, visitation indefinately suspended in 2006 (after a year of visiting clean and approval for marriage) because lil' ol' me is going to destroy the Dept of Corruption if I'm let in again.

Unfortunately I think the only thing that is going to help me is the touch of God in the warden's heart.
I ask because I had my visits provoked permantently BY the warden in 2006...but after a lot of greivances and talking to the warden myself, he let me have them back....so it can be done. You just have to know how to say the right things...and learn to keep your emotions out of it.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:45 PM
I drank the Kool-Aid

Oh I haven't given up. I'm still blowing up emails and burning up phone lines. Went it was originally taken I took it all the way to the Governor's office. When Tyrone was transferred I started over there.

When ever I deal with anyone on my visit I run my speech, email, letter by someone else so I make sure there is no emotional attachment but plenty of cold, hard facts. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They claim I'm a security threat. Impossible, I've been gone from DOC for over 5 years. I don't have any memory of policies that aren't available to the public. Also, he's been in 18 years, he's forgotten more then I ever knew. The bottom line is that I'm considered a traitor by most administration, the current warden included. I have to find someone who can look past their personal feelings toward my situation and look at the facts.