Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in South Carolina that do not fit into any other South Carolina subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Excellent article from local newspaper writer whose brother went to prison for life

If you click on the print in blue (and then back once you read each section), you can follow this week-long column written in our local Sun News newspaper by writer Issac Bailey. His brother went to prison 25 years ago for life for the murder of a former Bonneau, SC councilman.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/712/
Old 04-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Chris's mom

Cool newspaper article

Mr Bailey is a very good journalist. We met a couple of weeks ago. He wanted to do a story like this about my son, but due to the newness of everything I thought that it would be best to let some issues die since we live in a small town. He is doing a series of stories trying to let the public know that not only is the victim is affected, the family of the accused is also affected. Issac said he could remember when he was small he would listen to his mom cry at night missing her son. He was very compassionate about my son's situation, and actually wanted to go interview him, but I just had to say no. We have been in the paper too much. When my son was convicted this same paper had my face on the front page crying because my son was sentenced. This was very embarrassing to me but I guess that is what sells the papers. But kudos to Issac for doing this story on his brother. I think it is a great piece.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:50 PM

Thanks for sharing that! I do remember your son's story and remember a great deal of newspaper coverage, so I see your point. My son-in-law had almost no press at all. I emailed Mr. Bailey and congratulated him on a very well written article and invited him to check out this forum for support.