Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Indiana that do not fit into any other Indiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-20-2004, 01:05 PM

Default need a little cheering up

Hey everyone I haven't been on for a while how's everyone doing? I'm not so good we found out that Daryl is a diabetic and that he has a tumor on the artery that goes from your brain to your heart. He doesn't know if it's cancerous or not he has some more tests ran this week. However they are giving him shots to try and shrink it if it doesn't shrink he has to have surgery mid Jan. I've been so depressed and scared lately. I really need some prayers for us. He seems to be in high spirits about it shrinking. He does take his pre GED test this month and all his teachers are very confident that he will pass it and the actual GED in Dec. Then he'll get his time cut that's about the only good thing that's happened lately.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Account Closed

Hi. That must be so scary afor the both of you. I will keep the two of you in my prayers. Try to stay strong and let us know how things are going.
Andrea
Old 11-20-2004, 05:35 PM
The Power of Love

You are both in my prayers.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:42 PM
missin my man

So sorry to hear about Daryl's health, I sure hope he gets the medical attention he needs. Hang in there, do your best to be strong and positive for him, that will help keep his spirits up also. Congrats on him trying to get his GED, hope all goes well. My thoughts are with you both.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:42 PM
He loves me so amazingly!

Sending up prayers right this minute for his health and your peace of mind... Hope you both are better soon!
Old 11-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Banned

I too will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers....
I just said a prayer right this second for yall
~Katie
Old 11-20-2004, 10:43 PM

My prayers go out to you and your sweetie. Just pray on it and follow his lead. I wish him luck on his test. You take care and keep us posted.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:24 AM

I am sorry to hear about your problems with Daryl's health.
I hope he gets the medical attention he needs. I am not sure if this is good advice but if it was me I would do my best to make sure he is getting the attention he needs.
You have every reason to feel down but I am sure you will try to be as strong and positive for him as you can be. As you said, at least the GED news is good! My thoughts are with you both and I hope and pray all turns out well
---Big Hug!

_
Old 11-21-2004, 07:29 AM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

Girl my heart sank reading this disheartening news. I'd be a wreck too! ...Try to keep your head up. Stay positive. I'm asking God to keep his loving arms around the both of you. God Bless.

"...for this too shall pass..."
Old 11-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Wizard of Oz Member
Donation Award 

I will keep both of you in my prayers. It is hard to keep forging ahead when things are thrown in our path, but we are all here to help move those for you, and be supportive. God Bless.

Old 11-23-2004, 07:02 AM

Thanks you guys it's nice to know that I have somewhere that I can go to get all the help I need my so called best friend hasn't been here at all since daryl left 5 months ago so I don't really have a lot of people. I had a visit w/him yesterday he was in good spirits and acted like he was ok he said his neck hurts though. He finally got his med. for his migrains. He goes back to the hospital on Fri or Mon to have a biopsy done and a CT done also to see if the tumor has shrunk and hopefully it has. I'll keep everyone posted on what I find out. Thanks to everyone.
Jennifer
Old 11-24-2004, 12:02 AM

My prays are with you and your honey Stay Strong !
Old 11-29-2004, 09:31 PM

Thank you guys for all your prayers he went back to the dr. today and they said the tumor hasn't gotten any bigger that it's stayed the same size which means the shots are working. He has a biopsy done today and an ultrasound we are pretty sure it's not cancerous he hasn't lost any more weight in a week and they won't have to do surgery. The tumor isn't going through the artery just pushing on it. After he gets his results back from the tests done today they are more than likely going to try and freeze it and break it up into little pieces to get rid of it. I'll still keep everyone posted on what happens. Thanks again everyone.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Joy Seeker!

Jennifer,

Your's and Darryl's prayers are already being answered. Just his spirits being high and receiving such an early diagnosis is awesome testimony!! That is wonderful. Chuckie has had really bad health problems and has had many many surgery over the course of the past two years and they just figured out this week what they think may be causing everything. Needless to say it has been an emotional, spiritual and physical roller coaster. Hang in there, you guys are doing great!! That man of yours is a strong dude! YAY! Happy to hear that he responded positively to the shot treatments and that the second round of treatments won't be too invasive. PM me any time if you need someone to lean on cause I know what you are going through hon.

Take care and keep leaning on God and us girls here - that is what we are all here for!

Much Love and Hugs,

Becki
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil 4:13