Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:43 PM

Default Keeping busy, found my way!

My bf has a short sentence, but its the first time we've been apart for a significant amount of time in over a year. We spent almost everyday together and the charges against him were not things we thought he'd be sentenced for (suspension and faliure to pay a petty larceny desk ticket)

Anyway I was and am crushed, but I found a way that's been keeping me busy. I just startes journaling online, i made a blog! A way to remain anonymous and put myself put there in a safe way!

What have you guys found fun/joy in?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2017, 11:07 PM

Sorry you're going through this, how long does he have if you dont mind me asking?? My boyfriend is currently in on a 90 day sentence and i dived into just working, reading, spending time with my girlfriends and writing to him ALOT. I also found painting to be so relaxing and decompressing - just put some music on and I'm in my zone haha. Dont get me wrong, sometimes I like to just chill out in my room alone listening to music but other times I'm like oh my god I need to do something
Old 08-13-2017, 03:59 AM

No matter the length of a sentence, being separated by prison walls is hard, but keeping busy helps a lot, It also helps the time go faster! I've been waiting for my fiance for almost 2 years now with another year or so to go, I've spent the time finishing college and have found joy in running as my outlet to cope with all this. I've even ran my first marathon during this time.

I think it's great you're blogging and I hope the time flies for you and your boyfriend will be home soon enough!

Old 08-13-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torieoo View Post
Sorry you're going through this, how long does he have if you dont mind me asking?? My boyfriend is currently in on a 90 day sentence and i dived into just working, reading, spending time with my girlfriends and writing to him ALOT. I also found painting to be so relaxing and decompressing - just put some music on and I'm in my zone haha. Dont get me wrong, sometimes I like to just chill out in my room alone listening to music but other times I'm like oh my god I need to do something
He was sentenced to just about the same, judge told him 3.5 months. Visited him yesterday and he was assigned to a trustee, so he'll be in the kitchen and out for 15 hrs a day (hes taking it better than me I feel lol) which is huge because they've been holding him in solitary due to there being no space in gen pop

Its way harder than i had anticipated, but the weiting has been huge for me
Old 08-13-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzii View Post
He was sentenced to just about the same, judge told him 3.5 months. Visited him yesterday and he was assigned to a trustee, so he'll be in the kitchen and out for 15 hrs a day (hes taking it better than me I feel lol) which is huge because they've been holding him in solitary due to there being no space in gen pop

Its way harder than i had anticipated, but the weiting has been huge for me
Keeping him in solitary? Ugh that's rough im sorry my boyfriends brother did 2 months in solitary once - said it was torture. Although I'm glad he'll be out for a majority of the day, that will help keep his mind busy. No matter the sentence, its always hard. You always think "90 days, i can do this it'll fly by" but its still so hard and sometimes you have your moments. But you'll both get through this and we are all here to be a shoulder to lean on ☺
Old 08-15-2017, 05:50 PM

They FINALLY got him out of solitary- spoke to him on the phone yesterday and he seemed to be in good spirits also, today marks his first week away!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jazzii For This Useful Post:
jeffsprincess (08-15-2017), lolo21216 (08-16-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 08:32 PM

I work and spend time with his family or mine. I try to keep as busy as possible. Only 3 months left. 2 years upon his release
Old 08-15-2017, 10:58 PM
Jeffs Princess

I blogged for many years. It is quite cathartic. However, nothing online is ever anonymous even if you use an alias. This is fine for some, but since you're new to the blogging world, I thought I would share with you. I learned the hard way and it wasn't fun.

I keep busy with my business and just being a mom. I am fortunate, we get to talk for 3 hours a day.

~Jeff's Princess~