Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Colorado should be posted here.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:19 PM

Default Parole Violation info needed

I have a family member who is on parole currently. The person was cited for DUI. The person was not placed on a parole hold and is still out on parole while waiting the outcome of the case. The highest level felony was a F5 and has a minimal record - no prior DUI. Will the person be sent back to DOC for a turn around of 180 days, or since it was a misdemeanor and the highest level was a F5, will the person be sent to a comm-court? What is the worst case or most probable outcome of this situation. The court is willing to suspend any jail time on the DUI - 10 days home detention is the offer of the court. Person has a full-time job, no other violations, paid all fees to date and has completed required parole classes. DUI occurred in March and will not be sentenced until late September, giving a total of 6 months + that has lapsed since the DUI. Does that play in their favor?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo_Kidd View Post
I have a family member who is on parole currently. The person was cited for DUI. The person was not placed on a parole hold and is still out on parole while waiting the outcome of the case. The highest level felony was a F5 and has a minimal record - no prior DUI. Will the person be sent back to DOC for a turn around of 180 days, or since it was a misdemeanor and the highest level was a F5, will the person be sent to a comm-court? What is the worst case or most probable outcome of this situation. The court is willing to suspend any jail time on the DUI - 10 days home detention is the offer of the court. Person has a full-time job, no other violations, paid all fees to date and has completed required parole classes. DUI occurred in March and will not be sentenced until late September, giving a total of 6 months + that has lapsed since the DUI. Does that play in their favor?
I have to go and read the new parole revocation requirements. They may very well be able to revoke him/her. They don't have to do the whole 180 days, they can recommend less time. What is the PO saying? He's the one who will recommend (or not) revocation.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansbabyluv View Post
I have to go and read the new parole revocation requirements. They may very well be able to revoke him/her. They don't have to do the whole 180 days, they can recommend less time. What is the PO saying? He's the one who will recommend (or not) revocation.

The PO hasn't indicated anything either way. He said that they were doing a good job on parole and that they have progressed really well besides the DUI. The PO told them that he had nothing but positive things to say about them and that it looked well that they hadn't just thrown in the towel. Where are the guidelines posted? Can the revoke to DOC if their highest felony was a F5 and this was a misdemeanor?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Any criminal conviction even if it's a misdemeanor I believe is a mandatory revocation. Hang on a sec and let me figure out the mumbo jumbo. It's posted up in the news and events forum for Colorado under New Parole Requirements. The stickler is going to be that the offense happened before July 1st which is when the new law took effect, so that will probably be the date they have to go by for a revocation, date of the offense, not the plea.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Ok...I believe it can go either way. You can have your conditions modified, be regressed to a community halfway house, or left alone. It's really all up to your parole officer. Unfortunately, he might be telling you one thing and planning something different, I've seen it happen numerous times and personally experienced it. You can go to DOC's website and read through the Admin Regs for parole revocations. The # is 250-41 but be sure to refer to the other ones mentioned in that one.

http://www.doc.state.co.us/administr...regulations/15