Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Medical Facility (CMF) - Vacaville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Medical Facility (CMF) - Vacaville Topic and discussion specific to the California Medical Facility (CMF) located in Vacaville, California.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Account Closed

Default Procedure/Questions/Info on Inmate Release

Hello -
I am posting to ask if anyone has had any unusual events happen after they / their inmate was released. The time frame I am looking at is between June 2007 and today. If you would rather post to me in private that is ok. I understand people's privacy, however, I will request that you provide me with you real name, telephone number, (I probably won't call) and city you actually live in (with County), your inmates name, CDC # (optional), and what facility he/she was released from and all facilities he/she was at.
If you happen to have an in custody bad situtation(s) I am interested in that also. I am not looking for the "normal" prison crap that happens.
Thank you. I appreciate any information you can provide.
LadyYell
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2009, 12:55 AM

Default Release date & they didn't release him!

Soo today, they day I've been waiting for for a year and a half was supposed to be my brother release day. I even talk to him yesterday in the morning and he had just talked to his counselor and confirmed it. There were were at 7:30 my mom brother and his baby and they tell us he's not getting out today! The people up front just said nope he's not getting out he must have gotten his days wrong and expected us just to leave. We had to be persistant to get them to at least get us the counselor # so we can find out whats going on. Not much help though we called all day left messages and never recieved anything back. We did hear from my brother and her said he should get out sun then. Apparently they did this to another guy last week. Same thing he was supposed to get out fri and they held him till sun' but they at least told him ahead of time.

Basically I just wanted to vent and see if anyone else has had any similar experiences... Thanks
Old 02-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynersGrl View Post
Soo today, they day I've been waiting for for a year and a half was supposed to be my brother release day. I even talk to him yesterday in the morning and he had just talked to his counselor and confirmed it. There were were at 7:30 my mom brother and his baby and they tell us he's not getting out today! The people up front just said nope he's not getting out he must have gotten his days wrong and expected us just to leave. We had to be persistant to get them to at least get us the counselor # so we can find out whats going on. Not much help though we called all day left messages and never recieved anything back. We did hear from my brother and her said he should get out sun then. Apparently they did this to another guy last week. Same thing he was supposed to get out fri and they held him till sun' but they at least told him ahead of time.

Basically I just wanted to vent and see if anyone else has had any similar experiences... Thanks
Thats terrible! Personally, I've not heard of this before... not on the day of release anyway...

I've heard of "wrong calculations" but they knew a week or two ahead of time... not "the day of" but I'm sure it's happened before, it's CDCr after all.

I'm sure this is an extremely disappointing and frustrating situation! The system sucks!

Try to stay strong and be patient for the time when CDC to gets their act together!

My prayers are with you and your loved ones.

Blessings, Ally
Old 02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Stormy41Mom

Thanked 1,133 Times in 801 Posts

One reason I can think of is if they are on high control and have to report to his parole office within 24 hours then they will release them on Sunday. Sometimes they tell them ahead of time sometimes they don't. Hope you get your answer soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvia For This Useful Post:
AllyM (02-15-2009)
Old 04-02-2009, 06:00 PM

Default Release Times & Procedures

Hello everyone,

My husband has recently been transfered to CMF from Chino with 30 days to go (May 4th) and I wanted to know if there is any information on release times and or if imates take the bus what time do they drop them off at the bus depot and if anyones knows about how long a bus ride it is to Fontana,CA. If my husband had to check in to porole within 24 hours will he make it on time taking the bus? Sorry about the Questions I really don't want to take a 7 hour drive to pick him up but if it would be better for me to do that then I will.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Donation Award 

I picked up someone from there in December, and from what I remember they release the guys between 8 and 11, but my memory is a little fuzzy on that part so I would advise you to call the prison to double-check (that's what we did and they were very helpful). If memory serves, we go there at 8 AM, told the staff we were there and who we were picking up, and then they told us to come back at 9. They released him shortly after that.

If there is no one there to pick up your husband they will take him to the Greyhound station in Sacramento. My recommendation would be to check the Greyhound schedule online so you can tell what bus he would have to take, and what the schedule is. I took a quick look and it looks like it's about a 10 hour ride, on top of however long he has to wait (the busses aren't that frequent, so it could be long). In my example, we were picking someone up we didn't know (a friend of my brother's), and in his case he would have had to have spent something like 8-10 hours waiting in the bus station if they didn't get him there until after 11. We picked him up to keep him from having to do that, especially since it was a Sunday and everything around the bus station was closed.

Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstears View Post
Hello everyone,

My husband has recently been transfered to CMF from Chino with 30 days to go (May 4th) and I wanted to know if there is any information on release times and or if imates take the bus what time do they drop them off at the bus depot and if anyones knows about how long a bus ride it is to Fontana,CA. If my husband had to check in to porole within 24 hours will he make it on time taking the bus? Sorry about the Questions I really don't want to take a 7 hour drive to pick him up but if it would be better for me to do that then I will.
The Following User Says Thank You to JMK For This Useful Post:
vstears (04-05-2009)
Old 04-05-2009, 01:23 PM

Thank you so much for your information it looks like I will be taking that drive.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Donation Award 

I'm sure your husband will be VERY grateful, and I'm sure spending his first hours of freedom with you and not on a greyhound bus will be fantastic . Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstears View Post
Thank you so much for your information it looks like I will be taking that drive.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:20 PM

Question Release questions for CMF

does anyone know what time inmates are released from vacaville as i get conflicting information.

thanx
Closed Thread