Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in South Carolina should be posted here.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:34 PM

Question No release date on scdc yet call from state regarding pick up

Hello,
so I was wondering if anyone has experienced what I have...I got a call from my L/O today (he is at R & E) and he said he signed his release papers. Right after that, someone from the state called and asked if I would be available to pick him up on that same date he said is on his release papers. Of course I said yes, and when I got off the phone I looked at the calendar and realized the date is a Saturday. Anyone else aware that inmates can be released on a Saturday? Also we were never given his sentence amount as he was picked up on a bench warrant and I think its for a short period of time. Hence he won't even make it out of R&E, he will be released from R & E.

Any thoughts, would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,062 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureK View Post
Hello,
so I was wondering if anyone has experienced what I have...I got a call from my L/O today (he is at R & E) and he said he signed his release papers. Right after that, someone from the state called and asked if I would be available to pick him up on that same date he said is on his release papers. Of course I said yes, and when I got off the phone I looked at the calendar and realized the date is a Saturday. Anyone else aware that inmates can be released on a Saturday? Also we were never given his sentence amount as he was picked up on a bench warrant and I think its for a short period of time. Hence he won't even make it out of R&E, he will be released from R & E.

Any thoughts, would be appreciated!
Is he being released on parole or probation? If not, there's a max out date on the SCDC website. Release is usually at the first of the month. If they've contacted you and given you a specific date for someone to pick him up or other arrangements are made, then I'd say that's when you pick him up. Double check to make sure to see if he can be picked up that Friday because I would think Saturday and Sundays conflict with visitation.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:01 PM

No parole or probation. SCDC has been updated to show the same date he and I have been told. I thought release was always on the first too! I will just keep watching the website for updates and see what he says as the time gets closer. Thanks for responding, I really appreciate it!
Old 08-12-2017, 11:25 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,062 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureK View Post
No parole or probation. SCDC has been updated to show the same date he and I have been told. I thought release was always on the first too! I will just keep watching the website for updates and see what he says as the time gets closer. Thanks for responding, I really appreciate it!
You're welcome. Release is still the first of the month for those maxing out but if his max out date falls in line with it, you can pick him up then but if it's a random date in the middle of the month, they will not hold him there until then.

Either way, that's great news and I wish you all the best