Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:16 AM

Hello I want to first thank y'all for all the information I've skimmed through this and I appreciate the time put in to helping me and my family now here goes my husband is a Ca inmate he has spent 6 years in private out of state prisons our daughter and I have followed him and we are currently residing in Arizona about 2 miles from prison we'll he has only 8 months left and I just found out r him to meet transfers guidelines his fines must be paid off is there anyway around this ? He owes just under two grand but I just don't have that right now any and all advice and direction is greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2017, 11:32 AM

first, what kind of fines does he owe? & to who or what agency? and is him paying the fines keeping him inside as a stipulation or just keeping him from being able to move?
my E-mail:email address removed per PTO policy, contact member using the private message system would be easier if I can help or at-least give u some ideas, be glad to assist!

Last edited by fbopnomore; 03-20-2017 at 05:24 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to edyjr60 For This Useful Post:
Davenport Ash (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 02:49 PM

He just owes court ordered fines to the state of California its not a stipulation yo be paid before release but I've been told in order for him to be considered for transfer of parole from Ca to Az he must have it paid in full
Old 03-23-2017, 09:44 PM

Default Transfer parole to NC

Good evening. I am in same situation reside in NC husband is housed in CA. We are looking into how he can transfer upon his release and the process. How did it work out for you? Was NC receptive to your husband's transfer? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 12,519 Times in 4,855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenport Ash View Post
He just owes court ordered fines to the state of California its not a stipulation yo be paid before release but I've been told in order for him to be considered for transfer of parole from Ca to Az he must have it paid in full
We are in a similar boat...he's in CA, our home is in AZ. He owes restitution that won't bar his release but AZ is hard and fast about not accepting ICs with outstanding restitution. I've yet to see anything that waives this. :/
Old 08-11-2017, 01:05 PM

I am attempting interstate compact from Montana to Washington state , I am on 4 years suspended here in mt for DUI 34 (a felony here), I was born and raised in wa state, 1959 to 1992, have lived in mt since,
I have no prison or probation violations, My mother lives in wa, (83 years old) she needs my help.
?what are the possibilities of the interstate compact being approved,
Initially I will stay with her, however with her age she is not interested in supervising me, in other words, probation can not actually count on her to help them police me, thank you. if I did this question wrong, please advise me how to ask questions in 'prison talk, thank you
Old 08-11-2017, 01:06 PM

that is DUI #4 four in Montana a felony
Old 08-12-2017, 04:56 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,582 Times in 10,029 Posts

File your application and see what the Interstate compact folks say. If your Mom puts too many conditions in play, it probably won't help. I hope they approve your move to Washington.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:51 AM

Georgia interstate Compact to Georgia.(TPM April 2018. PIC date June 30,2017) Searching for info on the compact. Georgia sent paperwork to Alabama. Spoke with alabama office and was told paperwork was sent to county office August 2, 2017. Local office says they don't have it? Anyone know how long these things take?? Trying to call and speak with someone not so easy now. Any advice or insight?? Thanks
Old 08-15-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
File your application and see what the Interstate compact folks say. If your Mom puts too many conditions in play, it probably won't help. I hope they approve your move to Washington.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackenbooboo View Post
Georgia interstate Compact to Georgia.(TPM April 2018. PIC date June 30,2017) Searching for info on the compact. Georgia sent paperwork to Alabama. Spoke with alabama office and was told paperwork was sent to county office August 2, 2017. Local office says they don't have it? Anyone know how long these things take?? Trying to call and speak with someone not so easy now. Any advice or insight?? Thanks
Sorry georgia to alabama
The Following User Says Thank You to Quackenbooboo For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 09:37 AM

Thanked 1,033 Times in 429 Posts

It looks like the holdup is Alabama.Do you have the name of the person at the Alabama DOC & the local office? Maybe you can contact the Alabama DOC person & tell them that the local office doesn't have it. Then ask what to do to get things rolling. Here is a link that has info on all the states key people dealing with interstate compacts. Alabama's is 1st on the list. http://www.interstatecompact.org/generate-directory/pdf
Here is a link to a re-entry group in Alabama that might have some ideas to help. Even if they can't help with the IC, they might assist if it's approved & you need help.
http://ajmn.org/CPR_network.html
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
Quackenbooboo (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 11:11 PM

I called today at the local office and they lady that answered the phone said they did not have anything with his name so I called the interstate compact people and she again told me it was sent 8/2/17. That I needed to talk to the local PO I did last week. So thankfully she was extremely helpful and told me to call her back in 5 minutes which I did and finally got her after about 20 she said that she spoke with the pO personally and he had it and will be doing investigation. He hasn't called to verify address yet i would love to know an average of how long it takes to investigate he has a job lined up we all are just waiting on him to be released. Thank you all
fbopnomore (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,582 Times in 10,029 Posts

It will depend on the PO who is assigned the home plan investigation. Since they dropped the ball the first time, I hope they will try to resolve his parole as quickly as possible.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
It will depend on the PO who is assigned the home plan investigation. Since they dropped the ball the first time, I hope they will try to resolve his parole as quickly as possible.
Thank you me too!!!
fbopnomore (08-17-2017)