Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison Legislation & Laws
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Legislation & Laws Discuss and learn about pending legislation or changes in laws that affect various prisons and institutions

Old 07-09-2017, 03:02 PM

Default Prop 47: Deadline to File Application or Petition Nov.4, 2022

Just wanting to make sure everyone is aware of this.

Deadline to File Application or Petition
1. Originally, people had file their application by November 4, 2017, unless they showed good
cause for not filing earlier.
2. The deadline has been extended to November 4, 2022. §1170.18(j), as amended by AB-2765
(2015-2016).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jumbosgirl For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-11-2017), miamac (07-09-2017), missingdee (07-10-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2017, 10:53 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,383 Posts

Thank you, this is useful information. One of Dee and mine's friends has a Prop 47-reviewable case that I discovered when I was going over her criminal history (we were trying to determine her best approach to 57 and if she qualified for certain things or not) and I shot in a 47 form and told her to fill it out and file it because the deadline was approaching. She was completely unaware that she qualified for some relief...we're not sure if it will necessarily get her home sooner, but she was going to be required to register as a drug offender upon release. It appears that the misdemeanor reduction on her drug charge would eliminate that requirement. Hopefully this will result in more people who qualify but are not yet aware, for whatever reason, that they have a qualifying offense being able to get some sentencing relief, even if it's as simple as knocking down a drug offender registry requirement.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 10:57 PM

Glad to be of help. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the prop 47 or 57. I have some good resources at my disposal and i am happy to help. I have also filed 20 prop 47 motions for people i know so i am quite familiar with it
The Following User Says Thank You to jumbosgirl For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 05:00 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbosgirl View Post
Glad to be of help. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the prop 47 or 57. I have some good resources at my disposal and i am happy to help. I have also filed 20 prop 47 motions for people i know so i am quite familiar with it
....unlesss you're an attorney I'd be mum about that last part. Technically either they need to file themselves or they need to have an attorney do it for them.

(If you're an attorney, my apologies, disregard that.)
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 07-11-2017, 05:49 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,486 Times in 13,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbosgirl View Post
There is a thread in the California forum on Prop 57 you may want to take a look at:

Prop 57, Part III, Regulation Implementation (California)

The thread is 29 pages long so I linked you to page 29
Old 07-11-2017, 10:13 PM

Don't worry about it i was allowed to file them but i appreciate you looking out...