Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

View Poll Results: Your LO says it's his last time going to jail and leaving his family....
He ends up back there within a year 5 18.52%
Hasn't went back, been compliant with the law, shows no signs of breaking the law again. 13 48.15%
Stays sees for a while, then slowly starts playing old tricks that could end up back in jail 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2017, 01:29 AM

Exclamation Parole violation advice needed, Nassau Co.

My husband served 22 out of his 24 months of parole, almost flawlessly. His max out, release date from parole was 7/28/17. On 5/29 We had an argument which resulted in a neighbor calling police which he was charged with DV. I bailed him out a day later... I called his PO and explained... . His po requested that I come in with him and I signed a statement with his PO and PO SUPERVISOR stating I am not scared of him and it was a family argument And I did not call police, someone else did. The po made a new condition on 6/1, the day i went into parole with him... stating he cannot be at "our" home at all. he had to temporarily move out until July 28, his final day of parole to avoid a conflict, as per the PO. Well, needless to say... We have 2 children together. He came by to see the kids, knowing he wasn't aloud. We, AGAIN had a heated argument..... cops were contacted (not by me... AGAIN) .. he left and was not arrested. He was at a pool days later with my kids and US marshals came there with his PO, arrested him with the kids there! Hes been locked up since... I bailed him out again, since the judge set bail (on 7/24) and then parole brought him back 2 days later, stating there was an error in paperwork and they never added a parole hold to him, so they said it wasn't his fault for posting bail, but he had to go back with a parole hold. Upon viewing his paperwork, I notice that patole had him sign both spots for a prelim hearing.. spot 1 that's requesting a hearing and spot 2 that's denying his right to a prelim hearing. He said parole told him to sign both lines and being he was so stressed out, he thought he was requesting the prelim. Now they waived His preliminary hearing with out his knowledge which was scheduled for July 24th. His final (not preliminary) hearing is scheduled for 8/9. His final day would have been July 28th and now he's stuck there waiting for a violation hearing.
The NY state parole handbook states that even if the parolee waived the prelim hearing, the PAROLE BOARD still reviews the evidence And violation to see if it will progress to the final or of they lack evidence of a violation, they are released. Well I called parole to check the review and they told me that they weren't aware that the handbook says that and it's not accurate. No one reviews it prior to the scheduled "Hard" hearing if they waive their right to a prelim. . I don't get it!!!! What's the accurate info.... or are they making rules as they go???
I just need to know if anyone had advice on a possible outcome with the timeline of events that I described and this type of issue. Will he know immediately at the parole hearing their decision? Is there a waiting process? What do u think or know. This is my first experience dealing with a pv.... like i said.... he was considered an ideal parolee for 22 months. What can i do to help??? I need my family back together!!

Last edited by Casey518; 08-04-2017 at 01:46 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2017, 10:30 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,503 Times in 13,315 Posts

He's managed to accumulate several violations in a short period of time....and its possible that the clock stopped on his parole at some point before the July 28th date.

Have the new charges been adjudicated? What was the outcome?

I'm sorry I can't answer all your questions and I do hope he is allowed to go ahead and finish up his parole...but I have to admit that it doesn't look good for him.

Good luck, and please let us know how things are going. Welcome to PTO
Old 08-04-2017, 11:25 PM

He wouldn't, never.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:09 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,503 Times in 13,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
He wouldn't, never.

"...wouldn't, never" what? I don't understand your reply to the OP's concerns/questions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
xolady (08-14-2017), yourself (08-17-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 26,638 Times in 9,713 Posts

Just the basics here - once Parole was notified and the possible revocation procedure began ticking, he was not going to run out his parole. It was stopped the second he was picked up. He cannot complete his parole.

Don't get your hopes up about getting your family reunited. Start making plans to financially support yourself and the kids, because with a DV problem on his record now (and the fact that there was no arrest or conviction doesn't mean it's not on his sheet) means that next parole he probably can't get anywhere near you, regardless of how this particular legal incident of parole mess-up goes.

Take it seriously! And make him take it seriously! This can send him back over and over again.
GaReform (08-06-2017), Ms Sunny (08-06-2017), patchouli (08-06-2017), xolady (08-14-2017), yourself (08-17-2017)