Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Former Moderator
Donation Award 

Default Just feeling confused

I got a letter from Gary the other day and it's crazy. In one sentence he's telling me how much he cares and in the next he's going off about something that makes no sense whatsoever. I'm hurt and mad and am not writing because if I do feelings will be hurt. He's been down 12 years and I'm wondering if he's starting to realize just what exactly lwop means. Any suggestions?
Live as if you'll die today
~James Dean~
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Banned

Lisa, girl I want to show you support because I KNOW you have been there for him. I think they lose their minds and say the dumbest things to the main support they have. It makes no sense. I will pray about this. I hope he will be nice to you. I do know how tough it is when they get put away for many years. But you are there for him.....I hope he sees this. Mine just kept on until I am so tired and worn out.....and no end in sight. I hope mine will realize someday what he had. Lisa be sweet. I am here to support you & to say way to go....for being there doing his term with him . Blessings!
Old 06-13-2004, 03:14 AM
Former Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanks Rosita. I'm just in a fog where he is concerned right now. He knew I was planning a visit and he told me to visit someone else cause he wasn't in the mood. This is what really got to me.
~James Dean~
Old 06-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Lisa,

My husband's former bunky in Saginaw is doing LWOP and he was beginning to get like this about a year ago. I think its a stage they go thru, but with continued love and support hopefully he will come around and snap out of the blue funk he's in.

Hang in there!
Old 06-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Uh...Yeah...

Lisa, The first ten years down were fine. Went through all the motions. Letters, Drawings, wonderful visits all the "finer" things that they are allowed. Then it started. Its almost like they have given up on themselves. The love we share just doesnt seem to be enough no matter what you say or do. Lets call it a phase they go through. So our "phase" lasted about seven years. He tried hard to deny everything and everyone around him. He even went into his own isolation. Told me once (after my return to him) Im so lazy I would just rather pay someone to sleep for me. No motivation. Each person is different but he is back out of his shell (for the moment) and I always encourage him to stay there. LWOP is a hard issue to deal with from inside and from the outside. It ultimately has to be his decision to be more positive. All we can do is keep loving them and giving them the support they need. He will come around. 18 years down now and how do you tell them to stay status quoe? Its hell on them in there and I would imagine every dream would involve being somewhere other than behind those bars. Thats hard to overcome. Stick with it girl! He loves you.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:12 AM
Round 2

Nothing worse then when our guys are sad and we can't do much for them except remind them thier loved anyway. Sorry your guy has the blues. Hope he snaps out of it soon. Rmember to stay strong for you

Stacy
Old 06-13-2004, 02:14 PM
~BELIEVE~7-10-06~
Donation Award 

to YOU!
Old 06-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Former Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanks guys....I talked to his mother tonight and that bugs me more than he does sometimes. She's mad cause I haven't been there for her son through the whole thing, but I didn't know him then. So........I clean house!!!!
~James Dean~
Old 06-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

(((hugs))) I hope his mood passes quickly...

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 06-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Account Closed

Hugs and thinking of you. also validating the maddness for ya! Best Wishes, your in my thoughts and prayers....

Dawn