Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:29 PM

Angry What to do!!!! (feeling confused)

I need advice quick before I address what I found out to my boyfriend. I was going through the Massachusetts forums on this site this evening. I was scrolling down kind of quick when this one post caught my eye. Something told me to read it. Right in front of me was someone looking for my man saying he was the father of her child and wanted to know if anyone knew him or anyone in O.C.C.C. Now, I know him baby mothers or know about them. My heart went to my stomach. The post date was July 30,2005. I talk to him since then and he never mentioned anything about another child, never mind ever receiving a letter from this woman. So, my question is how do I address what I just found out to my boyfriend? I am quick to lash out. We been together for 6 years. I am so lost and confused.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2005, 08:43 PM

Wow! That is a tough one.
All you can do is try and talk to him and hope you get the truth that you so deserve.

Maybe talk to her.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Missing My Boo

Hi,

The best way to address the issue is to be honest and tell him what you read. Ask him is it true. Also, be honest and tell him how you feel.

LOL,
Angie
Old 09-08-2005, 09:08 PM
He COMPLETES Me!

Wow this is a toughy...I would just try to talk to him and just come and and tell him what you found and just ask him about it. Hopefully everything will come out....it would be best...Good luck!!!~~~brandi
Old 09-08-2005, 09:16 PM
oh man, this sucks

wow!
i have this fear of that happening to me also. um, has she posted since then? i'm just being nosey, but really, maybe you should print out that post and ask him about it and pm her to get some info from both of them. are you guys married? um, wow, that must be driving you nuts. well, i hope everything gets cleared up for you.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:21 PM
º° Princess °º

If this happened to me I would FREAK OUT. You need to talk to him.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:02 PM
PlzCome2Bostn

I'm with lisette. I'd try to talk to her. Of course, I'd talk to him too. I wouldn't be able to keep that to myself. Hopefully he'll be truthful and tell you what's going on. But I'd defnitely see if I could get some answers from her too. Good luck. I know you've gotta be stressing out right about now. If ya need to talk, just PM me.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:35 PM

I'm with Lissette I would print that post and show it to him and see what he says. I wish you the best and hope you get the answers you are looking for.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:44 PM
2 Cor. 5:16-19

I would be asking him about it to his face - then you can see his reactions. It could be that he isn't aware of this child himself. The real catch for me would be staying calm and keeping my cool in the process.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:53 AM

Well, I did send her a pm on here. She claims she did not write him yet. So, I don't know if he knows. It seems like all these females are coming out the woodwork now that he is locked up about these kids he supposely has. I am still going to address it to him. It just feel hurt and feel bad for him if he does not know.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:59 AM

I would definately talk to him about it. How old is the child? I feel for him/her because they don't know their daddy. I hope everything turns out for the best for you guys. Keep us updated....
Old 09-09-2005, 08:52 AM

You just need to be straight forward with him about it and let him know what you saw on here and give him a chance to tell you the truth.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Fairy Fed Mother

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,393 Posts

I would print out the thread, hi-lite the post and send it to him. I'd try to keep the letter going with it short and to the point. I tend to go on and on and the realness gets lost sometimes because the emotions take over. So I would just ask for him to explain that for me please. For all you know he might not have known about it himself so I wouldn't jump right off asking why he kept it from you, I'd just ask him to explain this and take it from there.

GO BULLS!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

I agree that you should talk to your man and be honest about your feelings. I would be hurt too but communication is the key.

"...for this too shall pass..."
Old 09-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Waiting for him... again!
Donation Award 

Dear HeWillBeHome,

My heart goes out to you and I feel your pain. Everyone's right.. you need to talk to him and if you could do it face to face, that would be even better. Honesty is key here.

I know this part is REALLY hard because I have a difficult time doing it myself, but try as best as you can not to lash out, you know that won't accomplish anything. I'm the queen of lashing out so this is the voice of experience talking!

Remember, you have to be ready for is an honest answer from him. It might not be what you want to hear and that will open the door to a whole new set of problems.

Whatever ends up happening... lean on us....collectively, we've got your back... we're here to listen and give you all the love and support you need! Big hugs to you.... (((((((((hewillbehome))))))))))

Tia
Old 09-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Drifters Wifie

what i would do is let him know what u read,be honest,communication is very important! dont jump the gun and get at him all crazy,i know its hard,but ask him about this woman.i myself was kind of in a situation like this one once upon a time,so i know what u r going thru.keep ur cool and just talk to him,it'll be alright!